43

Invest in Real Estate or Stocks???

Marie Louise

1  
Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 02:24 am
@baken,
Hello Baken,
You are right; you should choose the stock instead of real estate because you have some knowledge in the stock market. So that is the most useful options. I was also in confusion regarding choosing the right investment options. My solution was solved after attending one live seminar of Dan Pasarelli of Market Taker Mentoring. Then I got my starting point of my trading business.

1  
Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 10:52 pm
@Marie Louise,
No investment can guarantee sufficient returns, but the best rule of thumb is to manage your own money.
One of the best investment is in the US economy whether in equities or property. Always invest for the longterm, and don't react to the short term up's and down's - always buy low and sell high. It's not as easy as it sounds, because money matters always has emotion connected to it.

CrisAdams

0  
Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:48 am
@baken,
For the period 1987 to 2012, the S&P Index has risen about 550% yielding an average annual return of more than 20% (S&P 500 Index History by Prime Rate, S&P 500 History). For the same period, residential home prices only rose about 186%, amounting to less than 8% annual return (S&P/Case - Shiller National Home Price Index).

So it seems that stocks give you a greater return but it is without risk so you have to know what you are doing. Real estate is an active business. Compared to stocks, where you sit back and collect divided checks, there's a ton more work to real estate investing. If you don't know how much money you can make on an investment property, you should figure that out before venturing in to one.

1  
Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:01 am
@CrisAdams,
It's about location, location, location.

piapetersson90

0  
Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 05:03 am
@baken,
Hi, the fact is you cannot decide that which investment out of two will be safe in future, so i would suggest you that before you make any decision make sure you do complete analyzation and if needed take guidance from good financial advisor. All the best.

CynthiaGaines

0  
Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:34 am
I think is a better options for anyone.

domsmith752

0  
Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:38 am
Invest in real estate is good because if you buy some property or home then you can easily make more money or earned more.

andrewjack21

-1  
Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:26 am
I have invested in both real estate and the stock market and I believe real estate is hands down the better investment. Even with the stock market increasing significantly I am making more money on my rental properties and they allow me to retire much earlier than the stock market.

mehek85

0  
Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 05:43 am
@baken,
Knowledge /Experience matters everywhere. If you have knowledge about stocks, but your cousin had a set-back. This time real estate is also a good investment sector, but first get experience in the field then invest in it.

1  
Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 06:28 pm
If you're still undecided on where to invest, I suggest a combination. For real estate, use a location that has a popular university such as Austin. For stocks, buy into index funds provided by Fidelity or Vanguard. You can decide on the ratio between the two, and make annual adjustments to maximize your return.
I had investments in both rental property and stock funds, but sold my rental property when I retired, because I didn't want to 'manage' anything in my retirement. In addition to the rents I collected, I sold the rental property at a great profit almost doubling my investment.
The rental property provided for a great cash flow that allowed me to invest more in stock funds as well as taking vacations to foreign countries (83).

SethRollins

1  
Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 07:26 am
@baken,
Real Estate investment is better than Stocks.

Sabeel

1  
Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:11 am
@RonaldHarris,
If you have good knowledge...then you go to further....

1  
Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 10:39 am
@baken,
So, where did you decide to invest?

homesteadroad

1  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 11:22 pm
I think all answers aren’t as easy as it. Because no real estate could have beat the returns you earned if you invested in shares of Wal-Mart, Dell, Microsoft, Berkshire Hathaway, Johnson & Johnson, or Southwest Airlines. And also have less work

Same,

Some real estate (Rental properties) costs you money every month you hold it and you invest in something tangible. Here in real estate you are more in control.

Rest depends on your personality and style.

1  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 11:53 pm
@homesteadroad,
It's easy to talk about the past when the numbers are already in.
What would you recommend for investment now?