Invest in Real Estate or Stocks???

baken

Thu 24 Jul, 2008 01:30 am
I have some amount of earnings apart from the ones that I save for my necessities. I want the earnings invested in some real estate or may be in stocks. I do have some knowledge on stocks but, earlier my cousin had invested in the stocks and had a set-back. I know that you need to be updated in that but - What is a better option from the two???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 44 • Views: 10,276 • Replies: 31
Topic Closed
No top replies

Miller

Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:05 pm
stocks
0 Replies

flyboy804

Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:56 am
Regardless of where you place your assets- stocks, bonds, real estate, inside your mattress- you are gambling and there is no way around it. That is why you can find pros and cons for all. That is why I never give financial advice to anyone, friend enemy or reative. Good luck on whatever choice you make.
0 Replies

johnjordan576

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 11:27 pm
@baken,
hi ,its really tough to take an decision ,real estate or stock i suggest you study the last decade value of land or real estate verses the stocks .stock market condition is unstable in current days .so first study or take an advice of financial consultant then take your good decision .best luck .
0 Replies

nelsonhimes

Thu 13 Dec, 2012 12:46 am
@baken,
If you have good knowledge of stock compare to real estate then According to me stocks is the better option.
0 Replies

lanajames

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 09:23 pm
@baken,
Either real estate or stocks, if you know a lot about it, that could be a great investment. But since you have some knowledge about stocks and your cousin had already an experience with that, well I guess that's the better option between the two.
0 Replies

christiecornell

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 01:20 am
@baken,
Ups & downs occur in both the factors. Before investing in any field the knowledge of that field would be more important to avoid future losses and you have knowledge about stocks so i think it is better than investing in real estate.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:02 am
@baken,
Index funds.
0 Replies

markloren

Wed 22 May, 2013 06:24 am
@baken,
Invest in real estate.You will get good return. But make sure about the locality were you are investing.
0 Replies

pabitragroup

Thu 8 Aug, 2013 06:58 am
@baken,
In every sort of investment you have to make sure that you have the exact knowledge about where are you investing your hard earned money. I think you should first consult with your cousin about this matter. In case of real estate, It is known to all that now a days every Metropolitan city is growing by fits and starts and those city are adorning themselves with multistoried buildings. A huge number of land which were barren far a long time has been used for industrial purpose. So, know everything about real estate business and then invest your hard earned money carefully. If you are lucky I think you will make profit surely.
0 Replies

ochomefunding

Wed 21 Aug, 2013 01:56 am
@baken,
Real estate is always a better option.. also you can try buying Gold ETFs.
0 Replies

adammiller

Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:17 am
@baken,
As per my opinion real estate is the best option. i personally believe that if you want best ROI then you must invest in real estate or gold.
0 Replies

forextraordinaire

Thu 26 Sep, 2013 03:37 am
@baken,
To be honest, stock trading is certainly the best option and is much lucrative than real estate investment. Get in touch with a professional to get the minimum training or join an online forum to learn more.
0 Replies

christins

Fri 29 Nov, 2013 05:20 am
Stocks are good if you can keep yourself updated, all the time!
Otherwise invest in real estate.
0 Replies

arica

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:38 pm
Invest In Stocks, Even If Prices Rise..
0 Replies

BonnieArteaga

Thu 20 Nov, 2014 12:27 am
I think it would be good to invest money, according to your interests. You told you have some knowledge of stocks, then I think it would be a good option.
0 Replies

roger

Thu 20 Nov, 2014 12:54 am
I wonder how you define Cash Flow. Land is certainly not subject to Depreciation Expense.
0 Replies

RonaldHarris

Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:34 am
Investing in real estate gives higher returns than typical investments like stocks. These are the most considerable advantages of making an investment in income producing real estate.
The income stream it produces tends to be extremely stable and predictable.
The income stream is partially passive.
The underlying property will typically appreciate over time.
There are tax benefits to investing in real estate that are not available with most investments.
Rental properties when purchased correctly generate significant cash flow.
As good as the returns in real estate are when investing with cash, they can be compounded significantly by using leverage.
Marie Louise

Mon 8 Dec, 2014 02:24 am
@baken,
Hello Baken,
You are right; you should choose the stock instead of real estate because you have some knowledge in the stock market. So that is the most useful options. I was also in confusion regarding choosing the right investment options. My solution was solved after attending one live seminar of Dan Pasarelli of Market Taker Mentoring. Then I got my starting point of my trading business.
cicerone imposter

Fri 23 Jan, 2015 10:52 pm
@Marie Louise,
No investment can guarantee sufficient returns, but the best rule of thumb is to manage your own money.
One of the best investment is in the US economy whether in equities or property. Always invest for the longterm, and don't react to the short term up's and down's - always buy low and sell high. It's not as easy as it sounds, because money matters always has emotion connected to it.
0 Replies