Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 09:49 pm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO68&feature=user
I must say, I found this funny as hell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,366 • Replies: 66

 
Tai Chi
 
  1  
Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 09:58 pm
I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep now, edgar...
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:16 pm
Very funny assemblage of straw men. No wonder folks don't beleive.
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:17 am
With your version, belief isn't very compelling. You either believe, or you lose consciousness forever. Woopie. At least the avengers threaten the non-believers with torture forever for not believing. That's compelled a lot of people into believing.
0 Replies
 
mrhunt
 
  2  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 02:14 am
Hi Five bro!

That was ******* awsome! Dont listen to all these stupid Christians Flaming the Video.It was GREAT!

*Runs away for calling The christians on this board stupid,uh oh!*
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:07 am
InfraBlue wrote:
With your version, belief isn't very compelling. You either believe, or you lose consciousness forever. Woopie. At least the avengers threaten the non-believers with torture forever for not believing. That's compelled a lot of people into believing.
Ain't that a kick.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:39 am
neologist wrote:
Very funny assemblage of straw men. No wonder folks don't beleive.

Please list some of the ideas in the video which were straw men, and, in each case, please give some evidence or an argument to support your assertion. I suspect I'll wait until Hell freezes over for an on point response from you.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:42 am
My Momma told me life is like a box of chawklits. If they'd leave out the crappy filling, the rest wouldn't be bad.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:08 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
neologist wrote:
Very funny assemblage of straw men. No wonder folks don't beleive.

Please list some of the ideas in the video which were straw men, and, in each case, please give some evidence or an argument to support your assertion. I suspect I'll wait until Hell freezes over for an on point response from you.
Hell. Of course.

The first one is the idea of an immortal soul, which is not supported by the bible. Therefore, there could be no roasting, toasting, baking or broiling.

I could also take issue with Pilgrim's initial assertions that 'everything came from the big bang' and 'the bible was written by men'. The first is likely to be true; the second is obviously true. But neither serve to prove or disprove the existence of God.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:24 am
neologist wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
neologist wrote:
Very funny assemblage of straw men. No wonder folks don't beleive.

Please list some of the ideas in the video which were straw men, and, in each case, please give some evidence or an argument to support your assertion. I suspect I'll wait until Hell freezes over for an on point response from you.
Hell. Of course.

The first one is the idea of an immortal soul, which is not supported by the bible. Therefore, there could be no roasting, toasting, baking or broiling.

I'll defer to your expertise, however, isn't this belief extremely common among Christians?

neologist wrote:
I could also take issue with Pilgrim's initial assertions that 'everything came from the big bang' and 'the bible was written by men'. The first is likely to be true; the second is obviously true. But neither serve to prove or disprove the existence of God.

Irrelevant because the video never tried to disprove the existence of God.

So, where are all of these straw men you were referring to in your earlier remark???
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:29 am
edgarblythe wrote:
My Momma told me life is like a box of chawklits. If they'd leave out the crappy filling, the rest wouldn't be bad.
That reminds me of quotes 45 and 46 from this delighful source
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:29 am
neologist wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
My Momma told me life is like a box of chawklits. If they'd leave out the crappy filling, the rest wouldn't be bad.
That reminds me of quotes 45 and 46 from this delighful source


I got busy reading and forgot to distinguish 45 and 46.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:30 am
I didn't like those two.
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:46 am
The only straw man I saw in that video was god. I'm pretty sure my logic is still in tact. LOL
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:32 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I didn't like those two.
Yeah, but its the thought that counts, right?

The rest is a hoot.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:43 pm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x45EOzMJA5o&feature=user
More droll comments by the same guy.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:18 pm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gc8AN6TIbm4&feature=rec-fresh
hehehehehehehehehehehe
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:27 pm
It took me a while to understand that these videos are pure satire. The first one, I took it for real. Second, when he introduced the vibrator, I saw I was had.
0 Replies
 
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 06:28 pm
Re: An Atheist Meets God
edgarblythe wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO68&feature=user
I must say, I found this funny as hell.

Here's another Good one. Smile
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 06:36 pm
The guy must have a hundred of them.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » An Atheist Meets God
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/26/2019 at 08:01:08