Your habits and quirks

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 10:53 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I love to wear my small blanket for 'clothing' at home.

Nothing else, just my blanket wrapped around me held up by a clothes pin.

And I am freakishly addicted to it. I HAVE to wear my blanket at least once a day almost! if not more..

Now that's weird!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:06 pm
Gala wrote:

littlek wrote:
I just told my friend that if she chose a blue shirt to wear with her gray jacket and black pants that she should be sure it didn't clash with the background color of her power point presentation.

I can't tell if you are serious about this? Are you? Wow. That is quirky. Although, I could debate you about color, you know, what is blue, or green etc.

Oh, I'm serious.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:34 pm
Um, I agree with her, re the presentation colors/outfit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:35 pm
Hahahaha! Of course you do!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:37 pm
Ok, you get a Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:18 pm
Gala wrote:
mismi wrote:
I'm a knee shaker...if I am sitting with both feet flat on the floor I can guarantee one will be going 90 to nothing. Or if I have my legs crossed...whatever leg is on the top, the foot attached shakes. It drives people nuts. Someone is always stopping my leg or stilling my foot. Problem is, I don't even know I'm doing it until they let me know...one way or another. I am trying to be more aware of it...

Interesting. Have you done it all your life? It sounds like excess energy to me.

I think nervous energy. Excess energy..whatever. Yes, all my life...probably more of a habit now.

Talking about O.C. - I thought of something. I check the doors at least 3 times every night. And if I think about it while I am in the bed - I will go and check again even if I am certain I checked already. Just have to make sure.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 10:09 pm
surfaces. they must be clean and free of all but most necessary object. like linkat catches herself unraveling people's phonecords, i caught myself quite a few times running a finger through someone's tv screen or table.... quite a few awkward moments in there.

plastic bags. can't stand their sound. i heard someone invented soundless plastic, i can't wait for it to hit the market.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:52 am
ossobuco wrote:
Um, I agree with her, re the presentation colors/outfit.

I'm having difficulty with this concept of the presentation colors matching your clothes.

mismi wrote:
Talking about O.C. - I thought of something. I check the doors at least 3 times every night. And if I think about it while I am in the bed - I will go and check again even if I am certain I checked already. Just have to make sure.

I think three is the magic number, if you're checking anymore than that you're heading into the territory of my former neighbor. I have a friend who does the same thing, checks 3 times.

dagmaraka wrote:
surfaces. they must be clean and free of all but most necessary object. like linkat catches herself unraveling people's phonecords, i caught myself quite a few times running a finger through someone's tv screen or table.... quite a few awkward moments in there.

plastic bags. can't stand their sound. i heard someone invented soundless plastic, i can't wait for it to hit the market.

Get out. Do you do this with strangers? If you came over to my house and I knew you I'd understand, but if you were not, I'd be a little shocked...

As for the rustling of plastic-- when someone is sitting behind me on the subway and they are reading the newspaper and it's rustling it makes me crazy.

Here's another-- I am always amazed while riding the subway when adults/grown-ups will either

a) pick their nose
b) put their fingers in their mouth
c) obsessively run their fingers through their hair
d) keep sniffling but will not blow their nose.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:57 am
People stating the obviouse eg it's raining.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 11:06 am
dagmaraka wrote:

As far as noise styrofoam rubbing together - gives me the willies. I remember with horror the sound of my parents opening and closing the styrofoam cooler. I just got goosebumps even thinking about it.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 01:15 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

I did something like that...thank goodness it was at a friends house...picked up a picture to look at it and dusted it with my sleeve before putting it back down. I was horrified at myself when I realized what I had done. Totally disconnected that it was not mine to do that to.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 01:22 pm
mismi wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

I did something like that...thank goodness it was at a friends house...picked up a picture to look at it and dusted it with my sleeve before putting it back down. I was horrified at myself when I realized what I had done. Totally disconnected that it was not mine to do that to.

I'vestraighten out pictures hung on wall at other people's houses. I've probably done the dust thing too without realizing it.

No wonder people don't invite me over.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 03:11 pm
Gala, not that clothes should match the presentation precisely... more that they shouldn't clash.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 03:53 pm
I'm all for harmony in colors
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:36 am
I loathe cell phones being used in big stores or supermarkets, especially at the check-outs. I don't want to hear someone else's mindless conversation. It affects me like road rage seems to affect some drivers. I get this almost uncontrollable urge to aim my trolley at the perpetrator and charge. So far I have succeeded in stifling this urge, but I fear one day I will just snap! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:58 am
ohhhhhhhhh honey I know that feeling.

I hate, hate hate the cellphones.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:06 am
Oh yeah...places like Walmart or Target - pet peeve...people who park their cart cattywampus in the middle of the isle and then act like they don't see you. Egads I hate those places - I go early in the morning or late at night just so I can avoid the crowds...

Another thing that happens. When Hub and I go to football games, we go to the bookstore on campus. When there are wall to wall people around me and I can't move freely about (it gets that way -it's horrid) I get panicky. I feel claustrophobic all of a sudden. Of course I don't have a problem walking out of the stadium in the middle of all the people. I think it has to do with the fact that I can't move about freely in the bookstore. When we are walking out of the stadium we are all moving forward and I don't feel so trapped. Very strange - just started developing that little quirk since I had kids.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:00 am
mismi wrote:
Oh yeah...places like Walmart or Target - pet peeve...people who park their cart cattywampus in the middle of the isle and then act like they don't see you.

Ha! Yes! And in grocery stores too. Grrr....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:02 am
I was involved in a wig-fitting for a cancer patient yesterday. My sister was there too. A comb fell on the floor. My sister got up to grab it. As she was bending to get it, the stylist said, don't bother, I'll pick it up later. My sis shot back without even thinking, "I can't not pick it up." She didn't even pause to consider not picking it up.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:18 am
I almost had a very rude verbal spar with a woman who stood in front of me (and a steaming crowd) talking on her cell in line to make a purchase. She was evidently unable to find the correct change in her purse and yak on the phone at the same time, so business came to a standstill while she talked. I was enraged.

Some people!

As she finally began to move her ass, I stepped to the register a bit too quickly and my pocketbook brushed hers.

"You could have waited!" she said, "No need to PUSH me."

I said, "I HAVE been waiting...(flustered, wanting to cuss her out, all that got out of my mouth was) How incredibly RUDE you are!"

She walked away muttering. The crowd and the guy at the register thanked me.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:09:03