More Dispatches From the Front

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 11:15 am
@jespah,
Well, that's a pain in the patoot.

Treat yourself to a lovely scarf or gloves, and go knock 'em all dead.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 11:25 am
@jespah,
Oh no!

Sorry, Jes.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 11:43 am
@jespah,
Wow. Just as the economy is starting to pick up....

That sucks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:20 pm
First off, thank you all again. Your support means a great deal to me. I also have PMs to get to -- might not be today -- a lot of communications today and so I am at this point a tad overwhelmed.

But! I have bright shiny new resumes, 2 bright shiny new references with a possible third on the way, maybe even a fourth, I'm updated on Monster and a recruiter friend has already called. Oh and I also went to the gym for over an hour. Tomorrow of course there is plenty more to do, including practical stuff like making sure I have decent interview clothes that fit, I have enough paper for printing, etc.

I'm a tad manic, I know, but right now I think manic is a good place to be in so that things can get done. Last time, it did not take a huge amount of time for me to get work, and in part I can attribute that to acting quickly and not waiting around. I think it's key to get my name out there (hence my Facebook and Twitter statuses, plus my LinkedIn status, are all devoted to job searching, etc.), and fast, so that the magic can start.

I am also now verra tired. It's 3:20. I think it's time to call it quits for the day and have a late lunch. Hugs!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 10:51 am
@jespah,
Oof! I just found this. Best of luck on the job search. I hope you find a fun and satisfying one. ((((hugs))))
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 11:45 pm
@jespah,
Well, dammit, that sucketh mightily.

I do hope the new job awaiting you out there is a great one.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 01:52 am
@jespah,
I'm really sorry to hear this, jespah.

I have absolutely no doubt you'll land squarely on your feet, but who the hell did management think they could actually replace you with?
Silly, misguided sausages!
Rockhead

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 02:03 am
@msolga,
ms O said "Silly, misguided sausages!"

hmmm....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlG_k7ci1Z4&feature=related
msolga

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 02:12 am
@Rockhead,
Yeah, that's them! Clueless.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 04:42 am
@jespah,
Remember, the new and smaller you is going to look much more competent and compatable during interviews.
jespah

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:02 am
@roger,
I'll check out the, er, sausages when I get back today. This AM, I have a Networking class (part of the separation package). Thanks -- I might make a dispatches from the job search front topic.
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:16 am
@jespah,
Hope it's a productive day for you!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:29 am
I've always enjoyed unemployment. It makes you take stock in yourself and creates a vacuum for new possibilities. I found the good parts always out weighed the scary parts. I hope it brings you to where you really want to be.
0 Replies