I might be for the culprits..

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 11:02 pm
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-photogs23-2008jun23,0,1077306.story

No, I haven't read the article closely, this is a viceral take.

I'm way tired of papparazzi in general and specificially in the LA community. I used to see major stars at the country market/wherever, no big deal, we gave them room.

Papparazzi coming in, serious grrrrrr.

At the same time I feel this way viscerally, I also have a pro photographer bent.

I'll have to work this out in a slurry in my brain pan.

But presently I'm pro surfers.

And you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,340 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:10 am
Ken Starr!

Yeah, my first thought is "go surfers!" The kicking and territorialism though... was it just directed at paparazzi? Would they do it to other types they don't like on "their" beach?

Vigilantism always makes me nervous.

But yeah, paparazzi... sigh.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:17 am
I personally think that the craparazzi should have at least a dozen rules against them.
They are the ones that make life miserable for celebrity people and have been proven to cause life threatening situations.
Their pay should be reduced as well.
Some of those people can catch several hundred thousand dollars for a snap shot.

They are paid and paid well to invade a persons privacy , space, and life.. yet they scream when someone tries to stop them from being "free' and being in public places.

unfortunately, this problem is bigger then the people who take photos. You remove one, another pops up. And they can either be little people like you and I , or they can be company paid, salary based photographers.

Society eats up photos of celebs when they are just living normal lives. Society has made it dangerous for these people. The blame does not lay completely on the papa-rats-ass..
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:25 am
Yeah, I've got mixed feelings on this one too. My first question is, do we really need another picture of Mathew McConaughey on the beach with his shirt off? There's one in every trash mag as it is. (Don't ask me how I know that, I'll take the fifth)
0 Replies