a found a kitten..

cesar66

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 07:26 am
hiya, yesterday i found a kitty that some had pyt a wrapt in a plastic bag, ive been doing everything ive reed about how tu nurse it, the poor thing havent even open his eyes yet, i just feed him but he is crying, its something wromf with him??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 10
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 07:41 am
can you put it back where it was?
The mother kitty may have been in themiddle of transporting her babies some where else and is looking for it.

Remember, cats can only carry one baby at a time.

It is very reasonable to find a new born baby kitty with seemingly no one around.

Put it back where it was and watch it for a few hours or so and see what happens.
0 Replies

cesar66

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 07:49 am
no... lisen
someone put it there the other kittens we dead and they were wrapt in a plastic bag inside another plastic bag... cruel, i know..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 07:53 am
ohh... I did not understand that part of your post.

I thought you meant that it was ON a plastic bag

is there a petsmart or something like that near you?

They sell baby bottles of kitty milk for rather cheap

it might be best to try to get it to eat
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 07:54 am
Poor little thing.

So what have you been doing so far? You just keep him warm, feed him kitten milk, hope for the best.

He could be crying for a million reasons. I've found a little clock that goes tick tick (it replicates the mother's heart sound to a kitten) put close to his spot helps to calm them down.
0 Replies

cesar66

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 08:04 am
i am
ive been keeping him warm with a hot bottle of water under its towel and made a kitten milk formula he already fall to sleep, ill just take care of him today with the formula its sunday so... almost everithing is close.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 08:06 am
Can you bring him to the vet on Monday?

You're a good person cesar66.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 08:15 am
littlek wrote:
Can you bring him to the vet on Monday?

You're a good person cesar66.

I ditto that.

Thanks for watching out for him. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 08:19 am
when he cries, do you ever see a kitty outside looking for it?

Mommy MAY be lurking around lured by the scent and sound of her baby..

When my own cat was a baby, her mother was ran over by a car. she too had not yet had her eyes open. One of the things that I learned was really important for her was to be rubbed.
Like the momma cats constantly lick their babies, I would use a dry washcloth and wipe her body often.

I dont remember what it did, but it helps physically and helps them to calm down. reminds them of their mother..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 08:23 am
Great comment, shewolf. My old cat has a chronic disease that makes him feel icky. If I rub him with a wet clothe, he relaxes. Cesar66, that includes wiping his bottom, too (a kitten can't clean himself yet).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 02:39 pm
The hot water bottle is good. I've seen a heating pad used under about half the kitten's bed. If it gets too warm, it can work its way to the cooler side. Kittens do expect to be kept warm.

Best of luck with this one.
0 Replies