Bastards Got Me Again! Unexpected 'membership'

Thomas

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 03:32 pm
... or maybe they're playing a game of "heads the customer notices, complains and we cancel the 'membership', tails the customer doesn't notice, and we get $12 a month." Sounds like an attractive game to me.

On the other hand, if you think Chadwick is a victim itself, maybe it would be a good idea to tell them you'll never shop there again. And neither will any of your correspondents in the huge internet community you have vented your frustration in -- don't forget to mention that. Your e-mail may help them shape up, and save other innocent surfers from a similar fate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 03:44 pm
What irks me now, still, is that they have my credit card info. Hmmm, which leads me to believe that Chadwicks did have a deal with them.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 03:49 pm
Eek. How much of a hassle would it be to ask for a new credit card with a new number? You probably don't want to bet that they'll draw a line at committing identity theft, or selling your info to identity thieves.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 03:58 pm
I suppose now is as good a time as ever to change my numbers.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 04:11 pm
Even though there are some hassles involved, changing credit card numbers every couple of years is a very good idea.

I use PayPal as often as possible and have never had a problem, but I have also never had a problem using my credit card on other sites.

I doubt Chadwicks would be in the identity theft business.

Hope all this is solved. Those farging bastiges need a good letter of complaint.

Is there an internet site that helps with purchasing problems with seedy characters or even reputable stores who have not done a decent job with communication?

Bunny, I have to wonder if the company you were dealing with is owned by Haliburton? Woe is you if they are under the vampirish control of that evil company.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 11:09 am
Re: Bastards Got Me Again! Unexpected 'membership'
Green Witch wrote:
littlek wrote:
I bought something online at chadwicks. When I was done checking out, there was an offer for a $10 gift certificate for the next time I shopped at Chadwicks. Eh, why not? I signed up. Suddenly I am a member of Reservation Rewards and they'll be charging my card $12 per month. I printed one page with pertinent info on it, but they won't let me print a different page - also with info on it. I bookmarked it.

How do I do a print screen?

I sent them an email immediately demanding they cancel my membership. I'll call during business hours tomorrow.

I would also tell Chadwicks you will never buy from then again because they allow this on their site.

I agree - I had a similar experience with Halmark - I ordered on line and without me knowing it - I became a member of that same reservations ripoff. I called and got them to reserve the changes and stuff although it did take a while. I also complained to Halmark, but never got a response from them.

Perhaps if enough people do complain, they will stop.
0 Replies