Abit of fun or going to far

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:21 am
I've seen increasing amount videos on youtube and other sites of youth running amock starting fights, vandalising property and showing what they have got (stripteases)

Is this all abit of fun or is it really going to far? Are parents doing right or is this just the new teen craze

Example of the youth near my area:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dObZwj58Qg

What are your views?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 469 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 04:47 am
The lines between "Real Life" and "Show Biz" are getting very dangerously blurred.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:54 am
I just listened to a bit on a radio station about young girls sending nude pictures to boys in their school.

Personally, I think that these girls have parents who neglected to teach them self worth and respect for their bodies.

When you are older and can handle the feeling associated with sex, that's one thing. But 15 year olds have a body ready for sex but not the emotional capabilities.

I think tv and society has created the illusion that you can do anything you want and there will be no reprecussions (example; beating the hell out of someone doesn't really hurt them so it's ok) It's like these kids are living in a reality show. On top of this, their parents obviously aren't there to teach them otherwise.

You see it as young as toddlers everywhere. They don't listen to their parents. They are acting up, running around, pinching, biting, kicking other kids. It starts young and escelates.

The teen years are the years when you feel so much pressure to fit in, to find your place. So it's hard enough for a kid with the right guidance to make smart decisions.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 07:05 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I just listened to a bit on a radio station about young girls sending nude pictures to boys in their school.

Personally, I think that these girls have parents who neglected to teach them self worth and respect for their bodies.

And they're all mad that Hillary dropped out...
0 Replies

RugbyChamp

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 09:40 pm
Could this be just a new trend?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 03:30 am
Bella--

I think you're being a bit hard on parents.

Peer pressure and media pressure are very powerful forces.

You know and I know that nude candid photographs aren't particularly "adult" or "sophisticated". A teenaged nitwit, in competition with the Girl Next Door doesn't have our perspective.

Therefore, she's on YouTube and we're not.

Granted some kids resist pressure better than others--and this is where the parents come in.
0 Replies