moving vans: holland-hungary

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:01 pm
we're looking at moving our furniture/etc from the netherlands to hungary, but are a little stuck as far as options for renting a moving van/truck. the one problem is the sofa, which is about 2.5 meters long. (other than that, it's mostly boxes and smaller things) - another problem is figuring out which rental companies will allow us to pick up the vehicle in holland and return it in budapest. i'm also curious about whether or not rental companies have seasonal rates (although we'd be going through germany and austria, and i would prefer not to drive in the winter.)

does anyone have any experience with this kind of move, or can you recommand rental companies or websites?

senkyewbeddymuch
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,177 • Replies: 2
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:11 pm
ship it?

Is it just one piece?A few pieces? OR are you moving the entire house of stuff?
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:40 pm
it's currently in a fairly small storage space up there - it WAS a whole house of stuff, but a small house - and jo got rid of half of it when he gave up the apartment. when he moved it to the storage space, they did it in a 10 cubic meter van.

i was thinking about driving as a kind of mini-holiday. but there are also going to be time/money constraints. and i won't want to drive back.

let's add that to the options, though - how do you ship stuff? can they stick a giant velvet sofa under a eurolines bus?

or what about alternative options? like ridesharing, or something like that?
0 Replies