INTERNAL TRANSFORMATION

Misti26

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:22 pm
The cure for negative habits begins with internal transformation rather than external reformation. When you are happy with you, a multitude of satisfying results begin to occur.
Psychologists tell us that the physical condition of our bodies is often a direct reflection or our inner mental and emotional health. As a sign in an agricultural supply store said: "If you don't like the crop you're reaping, check the seed you are sowing." Thoughts of love and self-acceptance serve as seeds for healthy physical well-being.
Your decision should not be to see how many destructive patterns you can break, but rather how many positive habits you can establish. Dr. William Lee Wilbanks, a lecturer on will power and a professor of criminal justice at Florida International University, says, "We are not simply animals ruled by instincts and impulses. We can control our own behavior if we believe we can."
Like taking a morning shower, make the planting of positive thoughts a daily practice.

- Neil Eskelin
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,355 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:35 pm
Thanks Misti I needed that.

I first heard the seeds quote at Deepak Chopras Center in La Jolla a few years ago. Now you have reembedded it delightfully and at the right moment.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:49 pm
Algis, Deepak is another of my favorites!

Thanks for reminding me, and glad you like this article, it's a good one huh?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:11 pm
Yes , it centers me and gives one hope.
Heres a Chopra Quote from The Way of the Wizard Book.
Now I am just going to open the book thinking of you and write what I find.

All subpersonalities want the same thing: to express themselves through you. The crying infant, the lonely child, the frustrated adolesant, the hopeful lover, the ambitious worker-all these want to have a life through you. And so they do....pg.77

ak
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:32 pm
Algis, I am all of those people at one time or another, he he! Split personality?

You did your concentration well, thank you!
0 Replies