Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 05:50 pm
i bet the boy enjoyed the bus ride .
perhaps he would have liked to stay on a while longer .

Quote:
Missing boy took 28-mile bus trip

A three-year-old boy who went missing while out shopping with his mother went on a 28-mile (45km) bus journey before being found by a police officer.

Lee Loram was reported missing at 1240 BST after becoming separated from his mother and brother in Blackburn market.

A major search was launched and extra officers were drafted in from around Lancashire to look for him.

Police said Lee had got on a bus in Blackburn town centre and travelled to Bolton and back before he was spotted.

He was reunited with his mother soon afterwards, having been separated from her for more than three hours.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7405284.stm

Published: 2008/05/16 16:34:20 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 638 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 07:40 am
That little knucklehead probably took a few years off his mom's life!

I'm thinking that must be a pretty nice place to live though -- where a kid can ride around on the bus all day and be fine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 08:34 am
It reminds me of an incident when my son was perhaps three. I headed off to work that morning, leaving my wife and him asleep, so I thought. About ten minutes later, I came back, because I had forgotten something. I discovered the door no longer locked and my son missing. My wife remained asleep. After determining that he had moved a chair by the door and turned the deadblot himself, I ran out the door, without even bothering to wake my wife. It was a mistake, because she could have went in the opposite direction. A store clerk told me he had tried to hold him until his parents came, but he bolted out the door. After running out of leads, I headed home, wracking my brain as to what to try next. As I wrestled with the question whether to call the police, the phone rang. The last daycare we had put him in was calling to inform us our son had arrived at their door.
0 Replies