Digital Camera Binoculars

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 02:29 pm
I am interested in purchasing some binoculars with a built-in digital camera . I have done my research and have an idea what I want. However based on the specs on the 3 models that i'm considering, I would like to get your expert opinion on certain considerations.

Here are the models and specs:

Celestron vistapix 8x30 digital camera binocular
camera resolution 640x280
megapixels 0.3
image sensor CMOS
memory 8MB SDRAM
continous video 2 mins

Celestron VistaPix 8x30SD 1.3 MP w card
camera resolution 1280x960
megapixels 1.3
image sensor CMOS
memory 16 MB SD card expandable to 256 MB
continous video 2 min

Celestron VistaPix 10x25 1.3 MP w TV out
camera resolution 1280x960
megapixels 1.3
image sensor CMOS
memory 16 MB Flash
TV out preview NTSC/PAL
continous video 1 min

Based on the above specs, here are my questions:

Is it worth spending more to get a SD card option (it runs $60-80 more for that binocular)?
If the cameras resolution (1280x960 or 1.3 Megapixels)is the same(i.e. the 10x25's and 8x30 1.3mp have the same resolution) will it take equal quality photographs?
Right now I have one of those Sprint PCS phone cameras with 640x280 hi resolution option and I have used it to take some pretty good pictures through a 7X50 binocular. Can the picture quality be as good with the 1.3 Megapixel binocular camera or will 0.3 work as well?
(if you would like to see what I mean I can send you a sample to your email -- let me know)

I am not a pro photographer and am not expecting to get Nikon camera quality photographs, but I want to take some good, fun shots. I will mainly use it for nature shots, scenic shots, the occasional hot air baloon, airplane, etc. I need to understand if it is worth spending $150 for the SD card option with 2 minutes of continous video, 1.3mp camera, etc. or if I would be better off paying $119 for the 'same'(or is it the same?) camera with 16 MB flash memory and 1 min of continuous video. Confused

Again please let me know if you want to see an example of some pictures I took using a 7x50 binocular and the PCS phone embedded camera.

Thanks in advance,

emantilla
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,186 • Replies: 2
No top replies

husker

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 02:55 pm
Pictures would be nice - now what are you doing with the pictures? Ddid you notice the TV out option? (put on to a VCR tape???

I assume you are going to a computer no matter what? Burn to a CDR?

I think you'd be better ahead with the SD model.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 08:54 pm
Here you go save some money

Also use the A2K link for amazon and help support this site
0 Replies