Computer Printer Problem

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:53 pm
My computer says that I have plenty of ink left in the color and black cartridges. When I try to print I get absolutely nothing. I have not printed in almost 5 months is it possible that the ink has dried up? Thanks for any help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,114 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 01:09 pm
Yes! This is highly probable. However, if you run the printer calibration/cleaning utility (built into the printer's software), you MIGHT be able to free the clog. Otherwise, if it won't clear up, purchase a new cartridge. Then run that through a cleaning cycle until you got a totally complete printing matrix (no gaps or missing spots) to show up.

If any (or all) of this is Greek to you, let me/us know here.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:27 pm
Ragman wrote:
Yes! This is highly probable. However, if you run the printer calibration/cleaning utility (built into the printer's software), you MIGHT be able to free the clog. Otherwise, if it won't clear up, purchase a new cartridge. Then run that through a cleaning cycle until you got a totally complete printing matrix (no gaps or missing spots) to show up.

If any (or all) of this is Greek to you, let me/us know here.

The cartridges must be dried up, when you shake them you don't feel anything moving inside.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 08:01 pm
utility program
You don';t always "hear" except for a small swishing noise.
Toss them and buy new ones.

But, you don't say whether or not you see the printer cleaning utility in print program.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:46 am
Re: utility program
Ragman wrote:
You don';t always "hear" except for a small swishing noise.
Toss them and buy new ones.

But, you don't say whether or not you see the printer cleaning utility in print program.

I've used the cleaning utility but the pages are still blank when I try to print.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 11:24 am
Yes. That cartridge is dried out.

Edit: {Buy and new one and install}

Then, use the cleaning utility again (even after the normal initial one). Run it until the pattern shows up completely as there may be dried out ink still in the system.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 09:34 pm
ummm hello, Victor? How'd you make out with your printer? Did you replace the old printer cartridge and did this fix the problem?
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:54 am
Ragman wrote:
ummm hello, Victor? How'd you make out with your printer? Did you replace the old printer cartridge and did this fix the problem?

I need to buy new print cartridges but haven't had the time yet!
0 Replies