¿¿¿ Real ???

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:53 am
What is "Real"? How do you define "Real"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 15
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:21 am
being or occurring in fact or actuality
having verified existence
not illusory
actual
being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something

How do you define it?
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 11:32 am
I am not sure myself, i was wondering

If Real is all what you can see, touch, smell, hear and see, then reality is nothing more then electrical signals perceived by your brain. Now, what if you could change those electrical signals and the way you perceive them, does that mean that you can change what a person sees and touches and smells and hears? does that mean that the reality for the person affected is being changed? if yes, then what is Real? is it what you are seing or what the person who's electrical signals have been changed? Now what if this kind of electrical signalscan be controled or the way a person perceives it can be control, does that mean that both person see real? Now suppose you actually change the way a person is seing things; you think what you are seeing is real because thats what you have always seen and believe it to be real, the other person thinks he is seing real because thats whats he has always seen in his life and believe it to be real. If thats the case then which one is really real? Now suppose someone is controling what you see but you dont know it, you believe what you see is real but is it really real? the person who is controling you knows that what you see is not real but fictional; Reallity can create reality, reality can create fiction but can fiction create reality? if yes then how so, and if not, then how can the world in which the person you are controling be real if yours is already fictional? but then the question we started with
still remains unanswered: What is Real? How do you define Real?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:30 pm
Sounds like good stuff you are smoking.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:56 pm
mars90000000 wrote:
I am not sure myself, i was wondering

If Real is all what you can see, touch, smell, hear and see, then reality is nothing more then electrical signals perceived by your brain. Now, what if you could change those electrical signals and the way you perceive them, does that mean that you can change what a person sees and touches and smells and hears? does that mean that the reality for the person affected is being changed? if yes, then what is Real? is it what you are seing or what the person who's electrical signals have been changed? Now what if this kind of electrical signalscan be controled or the way a person perceives it can be control, does that mean that both person see real? Now suppose you actually change the way a person is seing things; you think what you are seeing is real because thats what you have always seen and believe it to be real, the other person thinks he is seing real because thats whats he has always seen in his life and believe it to be real. If thats the case then which one is really real? Now suppose someone is controling what you see but you dont know it, you believe what you see is real but is it really real? the person who is controling you knows that what you see is not real but fictional; Reallity can create reality, reality can create fiction but can fiction create reality? if yes then how so, and if not, then how can the world in which the person you are controling be real if yours is already fictional? but then the question we started with
still remains unanswered: What is Real? How do you define Real?

Isn't this a quote from The Matrix? :wink:
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:28 pm
i know eh, wanna try it?

and yes Mismi, part of it, i kind of extended it, but the idea comes from there Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:30 pm
It got me going too Very Happy
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:31 pm
sooo, thought of any answers?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:31 pm
nah...decided not to worry about it
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:36 pm
anyone else? Yes? NO? Maybe? Why? Why not? Perhaps?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 06:22 pm
IMO, what's "real" is the actual arrangement of energy and matter that is the source of the sensory stimuli that produce the electrical impulses that are interpreted by our brains to create our individual perceptions of reality. Perceptions of reality can change if the signals are distorted or misinterpreted, but the underlying reality remains.

Fictional beings cannot create or change anything, but belief in various fantasies/fictions/myths can alter the way reality is perceived by real beings, whose subsequent actions will certainly affect the patterns of matter/energy.
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:26 pm
ok and can you repeat that in English please
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:15 am
No need to get cheeky. It was in perfectly good English. How old are you, about 12?
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:40 am
Real is the opposite of imaginary and illusional.

Real is something that can be perceived by one of the five senses. In mathematics they refer to real numbers as something that can be conceived as an actual numercial expression.

Hence why things that can't be explained by science and the five senses are labeled "surreal."
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 04:49 pm
no worries, i know its "perfect" english, i just wasnt in the mood of complex words when i read it at 3 in the morning, and im older then 12, im old enough to write something like what i wrote in my first thread which opened this discussion Very Happy
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:46 pm
what is real? anyone else?
0 Replies