What Have You Learned On A2K?

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:00 pm
What have you learned over the years?

I've learned about geology and environmental stuff by reading farmerman.

Astronomy by reading Brandon 9000

theater stuff reading Lightwizard

history from Set....

what have you learned here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,062 • Replies: 36
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:03 pm
I've learned that a technocracy would never work.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:05 pm
Dat everybody shud have a gun

4 those just in case moments.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:10 pm
I learned lots of crazy stuff.

But I improved my English (which is crazy, I think).
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:14 pm
Nothing that I could not have found out from Wiki or similar sources with less drama, however A2K can be better at interactive edutainment.

Quote:
Edutainment (also educational entertainment or entertainment-education) is a form of entertainment designed to educate as well as to amuse. Edutainment typically seeks to instruct or socialize its audience by embedding lessons in some familiar form of entertainment: television programs, computer and video games, films, music, websites, multimedia software, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edutainment
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:19 pm
Never to trust wiki
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:22 pm
Most of what i have learned would be in the sciences, and a lot of that from reading pertinent links, as well as posts . . . so i'd list Farmerman, Roswell (aka Rosborn), Raprap . . . so many others, to whom i mean no offense by not mentioning their names.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:27 pm
I have learned that humans are not as despicable as i once thought they were.

They are worse!

j/k

I've learned not everyone is aware of the corruption that shrouds their daily lives and insulates them from REAL reality, not the made up one humans use. (gov't religion science etc..)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:29 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
I have learned that humans are not as despicable as i once thought they were.

They are worse!

j/k

I've learned not everyone is aware of the corruption that shrouds their daily lives and insulates them from REAL reality, not the made up one humans use. (gov't religion science etc..)

that is depressing - I was happily ignorant of it until now.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:03 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Dat everybody shud have a gun

4 those just in case moments.

I LOL'D!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHHAHAHAA
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:04 pm
i doubt it ;D u seem pretty intellijente
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 03:39 pm
Chumly wrote:
edutainment.

i learned a new word today...
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 05:02 am
I've learned about English. Thanks for you all.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 03:56 pm
I have also learned that having either a penis or a vagina has nothing to do with whether or not you're a c*nt. Very Happy
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:35 am
I've learned that there are some very nice people out there.
But there are also a whole lotta people out there who seem to know a whole lotta something about a whole lotta nothing! Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:37 am
Like guardian angels, souls and other crap stuff?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:24 am
I learned that Buddhist monks have it right. Go to a monastery and keep your mouth shut.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:29 am
and if you can't afford to get to the monastery or live such an austere life....... keep your mouth shut anyway Laughing
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:02 pm
I learned that the 11 year solar cycle is caused by the sun moving back and forth through the barycenter of the solar system (I think SattFS and I both learned this through the course of our discussion. It was very enjoyable.)

I also learned that mutation is not the primary driving force behind variation in evolution. Simple mixing of existing genes is probably the dominant force behind variation. And amazingly, there is probably enough existing variation within the genome of any species to allow it to evolve into not only a different species, but probably a completely different genus. All without additional mutation. (Farmerman clued me into this during my SabreTooth Evolution thread by telling me about Ernst Mayr). This is critical for understanding the pace of evolution, especially the multi-billion year stretch to reach multicellular life and the subsequent flurry of diversification from simple cells to today.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 06:12 am
I have learned a lot about science, relationships.. which has been quite interesting.

Not that I dont think about people in other countries, but it is.. settling.. almost .. to hear of people having the exact same issues in their relationships in different countries and different cultures as we see here.
It feels sort of binding in the sense that we humans really ARE all alike.
I enjoy having those kinds of thoughts.

I have learned a lot about religions. Even things I did not know about christianity.

I have learned a lot about wars.

Gardening

Gargamels hairy belly button

Selling

Advertising..

you name it.
I have also learned that I wont do with out this website Wink
0 Replies