SKYPE headset?

Chumly

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:45 pm
You should easily be able to drive multiple audio input / outputs from a single PC! Are you familiar with file associations?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

In all honesty, and no criticism meant to you or your choice of a cordless proprietary Skype phone; a good quality generic headset plugged (via analog) is the simplest.

If you lived nearby, I could whip that machine and your toys into shape in 5 minutes, but over the 'net it's not as easy, unless you already have a good grasp of Windows navigation and nomenclature, as well a basic concept or hardware - not to say that I cannot guide you somewhat.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:58 pm
Hey

Oh my Shocked

Looked at the website and it was for XP...I've got VISTA - but quite honestly - it makes no sense to me anyhoooo. So....

Thanks anyway - I think what I should do - is pack it up as though it hasn't been opened and return it to the shop. I had asked for a headset - and they sent over this phone thingy - but I think all I need is a headset. I don't think I need a phone as such.

Well, that was a bit of a learning curve. Confused

If I could get out and about to the shop and take my laptop in I would get them to set it all up for me whilst I was there - however, until I can do that I shall have to curb my excitement of "talking" to the world and stick to the keyboard Rolling Eyes

What a shame. I was so looking forward to that too.

Thank you very much for your time. I think there is probably a very simple solution with just a few clicks somewhere, but you're right - bit too tricky over the net.

Many thanks.

oh......missy - DON'T GET THE PHONE I GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 03:12 pm
I use a logitec usb headset with my skype and I pay the the skyePro for the out going calls but never wanted to bite the bullet for skypeIn yet
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 03:48 pm
AOL's latest version of AIM has internet phone capability also.

AIM is free, you just have to deal with it being an "AOL" brand.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 04:12 pm
I use skype all the time - have a regular headset with usb cable,
plug it in and it works. Skype also works with a microphone only
but you might have some background noises and a less than perfect
reception than with a headset.

If you talk computer to computer there is no charge whatsoever,
only if you call a land line from your computer, you pay anywhere
from 1 - 2 ยข per minute (still extremely cheap) and you need to
deposit min. $ 10 with skype in order to use the call function.
0 Replies