Caught a Felony on Video Tonight

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 03:00 am
I was walking through the hallway of my building with my camcorder on (long story as to why) and I hear someone running up the stairs and yelling. Then I notice he is brandishing a gun and I got him on tape. He said call the police. I asked him what was going on. He said "Never mind, just call the police!"

So I called 911 and told them there was a guy running through the building brandishing a handgun. The cops arrived and caught the guy. Then they came up and talked to me and I showed them the video and they couldn't effing believe it. They congratulated me for my work. Then I had to go and ID the guy. Then they want a copy of the tape. Well, it is on my hard drive, I was so nervous, I couldn't remember how to burn it to a DVD, I was afraid they were going to take my HD Camcorder but I promised to keep the evidence on my hard disk. Later, I figured out how to burn the DVD.

Anyway, this guy claimed that he was investigating a possible rape in progress (a woman screaming) I said I would have heard that and the only thing I heard was the perp with the gun yelling. The video shows the guy walking down the hall brandishing the gun. Still can't figure out how to put this stuff up on you tube.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 995 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 05:50 am
So what was the felony?

"Brandishing a firearm" is a misdemeanor charge in CA.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 05:54 am
The guy with the gun said call the police?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:52 am
dadpad wrote:
The guy with the gun said call the police?

Yes! I still don't know what the guy was doing, the police don't either. The perp apparently claims that he was trying to intercede in a rape or some such crime. Running around in publc brandishing a gun, it was out and he was carrying it in a shooting position is obviously a crime though, now that I am settled down, I am not sure it is a felony.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:56 am
He must be one of the 12 people in San Francisco who have a concealed weapons permit. Tight club. He must know Diane Feinstein.
0 Replies