Mounting behavior

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:56 am
roland the wondercat, who's about 2 1/2 now has started engaging in mounting behavior with otis, who's about, oh 6 months old.

roland was neutered when we got him, and there's no hidden testicle, that was checked on his first vet visit.

He doesn't hump otis, just gets over him, and eventually does the neck grabbing thing with his mouth.

otis doesn't object at all, even when roland isn't holding his with his jaws. He just crouches there.

roland doesn't do this with jezebel, our 15-16 year old female, maybe because she more cranky and would immediately bop him one.

roland has never sprayed, or exhibited any desire to.

Is this behavior more of a dominance thing, or can it also be seen as a sign of affection?

roland and otis play grab ass all day long, and both really enjoy their play.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 837 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:18 am
I don't know about cats but mounting behavior with Bears... well that's uncontrollable...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:01 pm
BBB
My Dolly dog is going nuts, constantly mounting new puppy dog Maddy2's head. Not only does she have the wrong end, but he's the male. What has got into my horny female? I know she misses her beloved deceased Maddy1, but this is so funny to see as Maddy2 doesn't seem to mind.

BBB
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:46 pm
Bi-Polar Bear responded very promptly to Chai's question. I am bookmarking and awaiting responses from Gus, Slappy, and Kicky.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:51 pm
With animals that have been fixed, it's usually a dominance thing. One of my bunnies tries to assert himself this way, but you can tell it's kinda wistful and hopeless--he knows he's never gonna be the big man around here...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:00 pm
cyphercat wrote:
With animals that have been fixed, it's usually a dominance thing. One of my bunnies tries to assert himself this way, but you can tell it's kinda wistful and hopeless--he knows he's never gonna be the big man around here...

maybe I should go buy otis a submissives outfit.

Little chaps with his butt sticking out....nipple clips, butt plug.

It actually is humorous, he just croches there with this look on his face like
"um....okay....what?"

see cyphercat, if you were here, roland wouldn't have to do that. You could make him a real man.

He's going to the vet tomorrow, we've got a bet going on how much he weighs. I'm saying 20 pounds. He's a BIG boy.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:06 pm
Cool

Sorry, I just dint want ya to edit that

RH
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 09:43 pm
Could be just play. My 2 female cats wrestle and chase all the time, and it often starts with Gracie squashing Babu beneath her. Could also be a dominance thing -- I read somewhere that cats have a very rigid heirarchy code. I think it went something like: toms, queens, fertile females, fertile males, neutered females, neutered males (and then way down the list, humans). If 2 cats meet on neutral territory, this heirarchy will determine who stays put while the other passes. It also might explain why Roland and Otis don't mess with Jezebel.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 09:56 pm
Pacco, who I adopted as a neutered male, used to love to romp with Derby the Dobie, and it was Pacco that did the humping thing, trying to gain purchase at Derby's ears. I have a photo.. and those photos are hard to get as they happen fast.

I've probably also shown a photo of Pacco in-effort re his sweet pal, Sally. Alas, his failure to be able to hump was one of our first clues of his decline.
In any case, they clearly both enjoyed their play.
0 Replies