Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:01 pm
It also is used to fuel some nuclear power plants and such.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:01 pm
I'll sign it-I know it must be frustrating and enraging to feel that they can just take what you've worked for- and especially to use it for such a dangerous purpose.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I hope your protest has some result that's helpful to you and your neighbors. But even if it doesn't - at least you did what you could for yourself and your family and took some action. That should give you some peace of mind.

'Action is the antidote to despair'-(Joan Baez)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:22 pm
(((((((((((((aidan))))))))))))) Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Another link: http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/sview/1,3329,250010691,00.html
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:42 pm
montana, i signed it too.

my suggestions were not in order to convince us in order to give you support... but in order for the petition to be more persuasive to the authorities. it will help to get your cause further.
if i were sitting in the government and received such petition, i must say i would not take it very seriously the way it's worded now. just trying to help, girl.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:03 pm
I too signed it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:04 pm
http://www.wilderness.org.au/campaigns/northernaustralia/kakadu/endjabiluk/
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:08 pm
Oh Dag, you're awesome. I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your support more than you know.

Once I get the job thing out of the way, I'm going to invest much more time in this. This is important enough to me to keep running with it and I'm going to do everything I can to inform my community on the dangers of uranium.

I'll put on my business cloths and have me a visit with our mayor, along with anyone else who has a say in the matter.

It's going to be a long battle, but I'm ready for it.

Thanks again ((((((((((((((((((Dag)))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:09 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I too signed it.

(((((((((((((((((Edgar)))))))))))))))))))) Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:09 pm
http://www.sea-us.org.au/isl/beverley.html

http://www.wise-uranium.org/umopaus.html
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:15 pm
(((((((((((((((((((Dadpad)))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:21 pm
You guys are very special and I knew I could count on your support. I'm not one who likes to ask anyone for anything, but this is just so important, I have to do what ever I can to try and stop it.

It's our lives we could lose.

I'm all teary eyed and am so grateful to have such good friends <sniff>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:29 pm
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=uranium+effects&gbv=2
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:53 pm
Real Estate agent was over today. There was a big meeting about this yesterday, which she attended and there will be further meetings to come.
I couldn't make it (sinus infection), but I'm going to try to get to the others when they come around. If I'm not working, I'm there. I start a new job next week, so time off for meetings isn't something I can take.

The petition was there where she noticed my name along with my mothers and my son. She said there was a huge amount of people there protesting the mine, so this is good news.

Tons of people fighting this, which is great news :-D
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:10 pm
Gee, Montana, people question you and you get all attacked?

I don't know if I support your thing or not, and I might not. Then again, I haven't yet read up.

You expect me to agree because you say so on the original post? You know us better than that. It's nothing against you, it's that we want to understand issues.

I've been involved in a few land use issues, and am very wary of just giving some blanket opinion. That you expect I would out of friendship doesn't work.

I may end up agreeing with you, but if I do, it's not because you say so.

I do thank you for bringing this to our attention.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:22 pm
Osso, it wasn't the question that upset me! It was was the comments after the question that set me off.

I took offense to the "(not in my backyard) hysteria" comment because it was insulting.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:29 pm
Also Osso, I never expected everyone to sign this. Just those who wanted too.

Those who didn't want to sign it could just not sign it and move along without having to stomp on my toes.

What you think I expected is all wrong!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:31 pm
I won't know if I agree with that, re NIMBY hysteria, or not, until I check out more. I might see that. Or they/you may be right.

I do have my own issues with what is called 'eminent domain', but I'm not sure that my own snarl on that has anything to do with your situation.

I've nothing intelligent to say until I read more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:34 pm
Montana, you have reacted in this thread really emotionally. We get that. Do it ourselves.

Please don't take arguments as somehow against you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:45 pm
You're right that I am emotional about this because it's a serious issue that will have a major impact on my community.

Others were right in saying that the petition could have been worded much better. It's the first thing I thought when I read it, but I don't have the power to change it.

I was more than happy to answer any questions that came my way, but not if there's insult added to it.

I've always been a person who has a huge problem with being looked down upon and being treated as if I was some kind of idiot or some low life hysterical hick.

When it happens, I lash out. I just can't help it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:46 pm
arguements I can handle. Insult, on the other hand, I don't take kindly too.
0 Replies