Nutjobs in a wheelchair really annoy me.

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:26 pm
So I'm standing in the lobby of a building and I'm talking on my cell phone during break. I am out of the way of the flow of traffic and basically tucked into a corner. There is ample room all around me to navigate out of the elevators and to the exits.

All this being sad, while I'm talking, from behind I get nailed with something hard on the back of my legs. I turn around and there's a dude in a wheelchair talking on his cell phone, who just plowed into me. He doesn't even break away from his conversation, but instead lifts his hand and waves it in a motion for me to move.

Keep in mind, there is a good 15 to 20 feet of open space to his left that gives him a clear shot to the exit.

So I say look down at him, his chair still leaning on my leg, and I say very loudly, "Uhhhh, excuse me?" To which he replies, "It's OK, just move."

Me - "No. I meant you need to say excuse me when you bump into people."

Cripple - "Dude. Just move so I can get by. (He then says into his phone) "Some dickwad is giving me crap because I'm handicap."

Me - (Very loudly) "No. No. I'm giving you crap because you just rammed your freakin' chair into my leg."

Cripple - "Do you have a problem buddy?"

OK. This is where it gets weird. Weirder, I guess. If 2 dudes are jawing back and forth at each other and one yells the words, "Do you have a problem buddy?", them's are fighting words. Here's the thing though:

2) I'm in a public place. Even if I was going to fight someone for something stupid like this, I wouldn't do it out in public.
3) THE GUY IS IN A WHEELCHAIR! It's a lose-lose situation. If you beat the dude down, you're the guy who beats up the handicapped. If you get beat down, you lost a fight to a guy in a wheelchair. I'm not saying there aren't athletic guys in wheelchairs. I'm just saying there's a good reason you never see a wheelchair guy fighting in the MMA. My guess is, your first move would have to be to tip the chair. Anyway, I'm getting off subject.

So, after the guy asked if I had a problem, the security guard came over and separated us. It was at this point, I realized that the 30 or so people in the lobby had just watched me go at it with a dude in a wheelchair.

I didn't do anything wrong, though!

Discuss....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,247 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:35 pm
Take a look at the other thread you started about your experience with the waitress. Just substitute "waitress" for "guy in wheelchair" when you read the responses.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 03:34 am
He he he, Primotivo, you make me laugh.

Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 07:55 am
Nutjobs in wheelchairs annoy me too. So do those on foot and in cars and just about anywhere else.

Being in a wheelchair doesn't excuse this guy from the little nicities like saying "Sorry" or "Excuse me" when he bumps into people.

But for you to start a fight over it?

You both sound like immature idiots to me.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:14 am
boomerang wrote:
You both sound like immature idiots to me.

One might remember the advice, "never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

It's not often this difficult to separate the humans from the porcine, though.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:19 am
i have to ask again, primotivo: what do you want? praise?

boomer got it right.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:53 pm
i was actually rammed by a fuckin wheelchair too!
he even asked for change, like he just bolted into me, i know he was trying to make it so i couldnt ignore him, cuz i ignore his panhandlin ass everyday, and hes in a wheelchair so hes not very fast. and i keep walking.
i was like wtf, watch where the **** your going,(i was actually standing right next to a streetlight so he couldnt pass anyways) he started to say someshit, but i just ignored him and then he kept stopppin in front of me, after half a block i told him "get the **** out of my way before i throw your ass into the ******* street"

i dont even think hes paralyzed, its like the same 3 guys share a wheelchair and beg for change.
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:17 pm
I don't think I did anything wrong.

That's just the entitlement mentality that's killing this country.

A cripple would say, "I'm in a wheel chair, which means you must automatically yield to me even if I'm in the wrong."

Fug that

The apartment complex I live at just put in a handicap sign on the front parking stall to my building (only one in the complex) Now I wouldn't have a problem with this except for the fact that 1. The man demanded it to be placed there. 2. He isn't handicapped in my eyes. He has emphysema, and is a chain smoker carrying around one of those oxygen tanks. I figure the only people that deserve the placards are the people in wheelchairs/missing limbs and etc, but he did it to himself now I'm supposed to act like he is special? Fug that. Also he drives a BMW. Fug that prick. Mad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 09:09 am
It amazes me that any of you let this clown jerk your collective chain this way. If everyone stopped responding to this jokers idiotic (and probably lying) threads, he'd soon go away or change his tune.

Does anyone here ever actually believe that events transpire as this clown claims they have?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 09:18 am
actually, no.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 09:48 am
Setanta wrote:
Does anyone here ever actually believe that events transpire as this clown claims they have?

No. I believe what happened was the guy in the wheelchair beat Primotivo's ass.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 09:59 am
He probably also talked trash about Primitivo's mama while he was doing it . . .
0 Replies