Thank you Steve Jobs, and please die very soon.

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:57 am
I just wanted to let you all know that my $400 iPod has made a bid life decision. It has now decided to become a paperweight. I don't know why it decided to become a paperweight. It never discussed it with me, or gave me any idea that it was thinking of making this huge change. I didn't expect it to just suddenly give up the life of an iPod for the boring life of a paperweight. I was so wrong.

Yesterday when I turned it on, it came up with an icon that looked like some kind of connector. I didn't know what it meant at the time, but now I see that it was trying to tell me, "I've decided to give up the iPod lifestyle and become a paperweight."

Now when I connect to iTunes, it says my paperweight has to be "restored" if I want to make it into an iPod again. The only problem with that is that it will wipe out all the songs, pictures, and videos that were on it before it decided to become a paperweight.

So, I spent literally about a hundred or so hours putting all this music on a paperweight. Why would I do that, you ask? Well, I was fooled. You see, when I bought it, I was told it played music and videos and stuff. If they would have told me that it would one day decide to become a paperweight, I might have looked for something a little bit cheaper.

Thank you Steve Jobs, and please die very soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,533 • Replies: 21
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:21 am
If you love something, let it go free. If it never returns, well, you know - - Hunt it down and kill it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:30 am
Im that way with printers. They serve as very good targets for varmint guns.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:38 am
I have one of those little 2mb MP3 deals that just plug into the computer... no problems ever... it doesn't hold as many songs as an Ipod and needs reloading a little more often but it's easy peasy... and cost 14.95
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 09:41 am
sorry kicky..

but i do not understand why people buy the Ipod...

why spend over 300 dollars for MUSIC.. when you can get a smaller one for around 50 bucks that gives you no problems what so ever?

I have a Zen Nano.. 60 bucks brand new..
2 years ago

I use it daily..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 09:49 am
We have had our iPod for at least 4 years - no problems whatsoever.

Kicky, did you take your iPod in the shower again? It just isn't waterproof,
dude!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:10 am
Same here. I believe Kicky and I got our ipods around the same time, over two years ago, and I've never had a problem with mine either. I don't know what he's doing to it but I'll betcha he's doing something.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:12 am
Kicky

I have a laptop that morphs into an electric fire. It sits with me all day, gets all typed up - then gradually morphs into an electric fire, whenever it so chooses, and quits playing games - just sits there all hot and bothered chucking out heat and burning my legs. B****rd laptop....er...fire.

Now if I'd wanted an electric fire, I would have gone to the electric fire shop. Could there be a law for false im-item-nation of electrical goods Question
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:14 am
Kicky, why isn't your music stored on your hard drive, in your itunes library?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:15 am
Izzie wrote:
Kicky

I have a laptop that morphs into an electric fire. It sits with me all day, gets all typed up - then gradually morphs into an electric fire, whenever it so chooses, and quits playing games - just sits there all hot and bothered chucking out heat and burning my legs. B****rd laptop....er...fire.

Now if I'd wanted an electric fire, I would have gone to the electric fire shop. Could there be a law for false im-item-nation of electrical goods Question

I hear ya, sister! Fight the power!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:23 am
eoe wrote:
Kicky, why isn't your music stored on your hard drive, in your itunes library?

I have everything stored the way it always has been. And I haven't done anything different. I was going on a little weekend trip to visit mia famiglia, so I downloaded a bunch of italian language podcasts to listen to during the flight and at the airport and all. I've done this before. It's always worked fine.

But I turned it on last night on the plane and it had decided to become a paperweight. Out of the blue. I did nothing but turn it on. The last time I turned it on, it was fine.

I tried to hook it up to my parents' computer to see if maybe the battery had just run down, and that's when I got the message saying it needed to be restored. Maybe when I get home I'll hook it up to my computer and it will be an iPod again. Maybe it just wanted to try being a paperweight for the weekend. I hope so. I also hope Steve Jobs roasts in hell.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:36 am
Could anything have short-circuited it at the airport? Just a guess?

I was on a plane a week and a half ago, turned on my ipod, no sound came forth, i fiddled with it for several minutes, asked the young lady next to me to give it a shot, no luck, and finally, i turned it off and then turned it back on and viola, it worked. Just like our desktops and laptops from time to time, they wake up wacky and the only thing to do is restart.

And don't you be badmouthin' Steve Jobs!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:04 pm
kickycan wrote:
But I turned it on last night on the plane and it had decided to become a paperweight.

The X-ray machine screwed with the flash memory. Happened to my old camera all the time.

Have you tried holding the "menu" and "select" (center) buttons down until the Apple logo appears? That works sometimes.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:14 pm
kickycan wrote:

But I turned it on last night on the plane and it had decided to become a paperweight. Out of the blue. I did nothing but turn it on. The last time I turned it on, it was fine.

I tried to hook it up to my parents' computer to see if maybe the battery had just run down, and that's when I got the message saying it needed to be restored. Maybe when I get home I'll hook it up to my computer and it will be an iPod again. Maybe it just wanted to try being a paperweight for the weekend. I hope so. I also hope Steve Jobs roasts in hell.

Oh, well - that's just ticketyboo - your paperweights on holiday then Exclamation What's my electric heater doing!!!!!! I 'aint gone nowhere.

and whoever SJ is - he can have my laptop sit on him and he will roast! Shocked
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:14 pm
kicky- Now Steve Jobs is chairman in charge of turning paperweights back into IPods. He has the secret formula given to him by a wizard atop a snow capped mountain. If he dies, you will have no one to turn to. So be careful what you wish for.

Damn, I must be a dinosaur. I walk around with my CD Walkman, happy as a clam. I have so many CDs right at my fingertips that I would not want to take the time to download anything into an IPod.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 03:29 pm
Kickster - when my little fella recharges his iPOD in my electric heater - it synchronises each time - wipes out and reloads - tunes like Electric Light Orchestra and Light My Fire - you know, my sorta music.....

When the little fella recharges it at his PaPas - it re-synchronises and loads up all his PaPas songs like....... like his PaPas music Rolling Eyes

Hopefully, when your paperweight is done vacationing - it will return to you as an iPOD singing "There's No Place Like Home"!

Good luck mate Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 09:05 am
DrewDad wrote:
The X-ray machine screwed with the flash memory. Happened to my old camera all the time.

I bet that is what happened. But now I can't even get the f*cking thing to restore. When I hook it up to my computer, iTunes tells me it has found an iPod in recovery mode and that I will have to restore it before it can be used. So I restore it. It goes through it's little thing, and then when it's done, it tells me it has found an iPod in recovery mode and that I will have to restore it before it can be used. Isn't that helpful. They must have used some Microsoft engineers to design this thing.

If only I could beat some motherf*cking Apple executive to death with this piece of ****, I might feel better about the whole situation.

DIE, STEVE JOBS, DIE!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 09:41 am
call the customer service, hopefully they'll walk you through it.

or you can yell at them to burn in hell and feel better for it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 10:33 am
I'm going to do better than that. I'm going to take this piece of **** right to the Apple store and tell the first little Apple nerd I can find to fix it for me before I shove it up somebody's ass.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 10:34 am
you're in New York city right?

Why not just go out and suggest you'd like to stick it up someone's ass and ask for bids? Two birds with one stone baby.
0 Replies