Eating out of Boredom

Leaka

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:36 am
I have two cats.
Well actually one cat and one kitten. I thought they would be better then a dog.
Well my kitten eats normally even when I'm gone. But older adult cat eats out of boredom when I'm not around.
Is this a bad thing for my cat to eat out of boredom?
Also my cat if he doesn't see himself being fed he isn't fed according to him.
Is this bad as well?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 910 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:44 am
I sometimes eat out of boredom. It's probably bad for the cat, as well. Spooky is overweight as a result of free feeding, but Nerm stays skinny and athletic. It's hard to keep one fed, and the other not.

Yes, they prefer to be in the state of "being fed", rather than having food. Sounds normal.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 01:00 pm
Well he isn't overweight.

Can I do something about him annoying me though? Kale likes to meow at the bathroom door when I'm using it to take showers and using the toilet. He likes to meows and wait for me a lot though.
The kitten Blue Ball doesn't have these problems yet, but I'm afraid he is going to take after his "brother" Kale.

They are both Tonkinese.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:15 pm
lol. The meowing at the door seems standard cat behavior to me! Never had a cat that didn't do it.

I solve that problem by leaving the doors in my place open a crack so they can come in and out as they please.

Sure, maybe it's spoiling them, but there is no one here who I need to have closed doors for.

I guess your cats are indoor? Mine get porky too if I just let the food sit out all day.

My princess is at a good weight now that her food is measured, and she's fed on a schedule. Plus, it gives her something to look forward to! Me coming home from work in the morning - she gets snuggles and fed.
0 Replies

Leaka

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:32 am
Kale also drinks the bath water or shower water.
Is that bad for him?
He likes it a lot more then his regular drinking water.
0 Replies