THIS POST EDITED

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:19 pm
Well, you could have the tea and gin after....the martini is a dresser...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:20 pm
Right or left?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:20 pm
Where'd theKev go?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:21 pm
Not sure, I only own one dresser.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:25 pm
Give me vodka any time. Wink Shake, but don't stir....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:32 pm
vodka with tea works in an emergency. Earl Grey is allowable in that case.
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:57 pm
Kev, to take your post as a springboard. Someone posted to a forum then later asked why noone responded. When people did, he/she was miffed because it was not in the manner desired. I post things and often the response is minimal. One reply being minimal. Well, I just post. I do it purposefully or on a whim. No responses to that post simply tells me that it was of no particular interest to those who read it. If all my posts received numerous responses I'd quit being a full-time pickpocket and write for a living.

Maybe we should make a note to new members that not all posts are not going to be responded to and that if the poster asks for comments/reviews, they be prepared for both the good and the bad.

Kev, don't give up on this place. No response is not a bad thing. I'm lucky. I sold life insurance (many years ago) and had to cold call to get appointments. Rejection here is nothing compared to that!!

Also, I've noted that, on many occasions, my post has been the last post on many a thread. Now, that could play some pretty heavy mind games on a person! (Except my sister who always has to have the last word!) Hang in there!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:02 pm
Kevin

Get outta here!

Stop wasting your time. Do something worthwhile.

Teach the Poms to play cricket.

Give us at least one decent match when we tour next year!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:13 pm
morganwood, that happens to me often on another board (killing the thread), and I got all worried about it. Another member said that my posts tended to be so commonsensical that there wasn't much left to say afterwards. I'd put your posts in a similar category -- kinda "hey, yeah, that's true." 'Course, I should SAY "hey, yeah, that's true" rather than just thinking it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:16 pm
Margo, everyone should know how to play cricket....just rub their tiny legs together...why they made this a sport I'll never know...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:09 am
groan
0 Replies

kev

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 11:53 am
Margo,

Be fair, teach our lot to play cricket?

Couldn't I start with something easier, like turning base metal into gold?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 12:08 pm
Now now I'll send Geoffrey around tha knows
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 01:53 pm
kev wrote:
Margo,

Be fair, teach our lot to play cricket?

Couldn't I start with something easier, like turning base metal into gold?

Fair point!

Big hopes for Michael Vaughan. At least he's decorative!

From Hiama

Quote:
Now now I'll send Geoffrey around tha knows

Time for a boycott - or past it!
0 Replies

Texan

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 11:36 am
Kev, I'm newer than you, but I do feel a little of what you say and I expected it that way for awhile. We will get in the groove with a little time. After all, you and I have more wisdom, wit and personality than any of them and they will be following us around like little puppy dogs looking for our latests post. Give it time and you'll see.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 11:46 am
Kev has quickly become a well-worshipped deity in these here parts, always quick with a good joke, and good insight, and so shall you Texan, my porcine friend. We are all thankful that his goodbye was premature.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 11:51 am
Psst....another secret, Texan.....look at my posts....almost 6500....yet I still don't know half the intrigue that goes on around here....Laughing
0 Replies

Texan

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 11:53 am
I can't believe I didn't insult anyone. Perhaps I should of added that Kev and I are also the most hansome! Now that should ruffle some feathers.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 11:58 am
If you believe it, it shall come to pass. Most of us are not easily ruffled. Those crinkly chips are my kind of ruffle though, so if you pass me a bag of 'em, I'll be ruffled.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THIS POST EDITED
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:31:59