THIS POST EDITED

kev

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 07:16 pm
I have edited out because it was put back to life by someone clicking on it and it was giving the wrong impression. This post is dead
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,943 • Replies: 58
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 07:19 pm
Really, Kev? I'm surprised. This site has grown to a formidable size in a short time, to b sure, but you're on my radar as someone who has interesting things to say.

Would be nice if you stuck around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 07:35 pm
Sorry to hear this Kev, wish you would stick around. I know it might seem clubby here at first glance, but many people are new here and we all have different interests, are from far flung places. If you do go, don't let saying goodbye keep you from checking in again if you feel like it.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 07:37 pm
I agree -- give it a little more time. It took me a while to get to know people, and sometimes feel a little out of the loop, but a lot of the people here have known each other for years...I think that has a lot to do with it.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 07:57 pm
Cyber communities are a lot different from face to face communities, the links are more tenuous and fragile. It takes longer to integrate and develop a persona that other recognize and respond to. Compared to some others you have done fairly well, your visibility is quite high. Give it some time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 08:08 pm
Kev
I've been a member for a long time and still some of my threads or posts are met with silence. But I hang in there, because I have come to know many other members well enough to know they are not being rude to me. Those particular posts just did not immediately grab someone's attention. I make up for it by posting quite a bit every day. I even keep a few of my threads running all alone, because I know someday someone will find something in them to respond to. I ask you to hang in there for at least a month or two more before making a final decision. You appear to be a decent person and one worth knowing.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 08:12 pm
*shrug* I thought you posted some pretty darn interesting stuff and participated in a few of your threads... Sorry to hear you are leaving us. Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 10:12 pm
I think most people here felt like a stranger in a strange world at first.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 01:41 pm
goodbye from kev
Sorry you feel this way, Kev. It would be nice if you would give us a bit more time, though.

Sometimes a post doesn't get answered because the people who might be really interested aren't around, and sometimes it's because the answer is elusive (although I doubt much gets past Craven, Monger, Sozobe, and a bunch of other terrifically knowledgeable members - too many to list). Sometimes posts are made to one A2K forum that might perhaps have been more appropriate in another.

I don't think we're an exclusive group; we're not inbred, and no one here is prejudiced against newbies. We've all been there. It just takes a bit of time and practice to see how things work. I certainly have found that no one here has ever talked down to me, or responded in a less than courteous way, even when they couldn't help, and believe me I've had some fairly dumb questions.

Every group like A2K is a little different, though and it may be that A2K really isn't your style. But perhaps a little more time? a few more attempts?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 01:53 pm
Let me bring a dissenting opinion to the table. I for one am glad kev left.

Recently I have been noticing beer missing from the fridge and I was almost sure it was him. ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 02:29 pm
Aww....kev, goodbye doesn't have to mean forever. I for one enjoyed your requests for help in the food and drink forum. I do hope you visit again.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:11 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Recently I have been noticing beer missing from the fridge and I was almost sure it was him. ;-)

Nooo. That was me. Embarrassed Sorwy. I'll replace it. I will!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:20 pm
Oh, in that case I retract it. Sorry kev, if you come back you can help us take fishin' out behind the science forum and...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:21 pm
Shocked *Aviods the Science forum at all costs*

lol
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:23 pm
But... it's new.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:26 pm
will there be beakers and flasks and things?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:27 pm
Yes, along with my creation: The Hamsterzilla.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:45 pm
I think I saw that movie once.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:50 pm
Is the hamsterzilla related the fearsome Kangarillas of Australia? Or more of a Dropbear thing?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 04:22 pm
Hey guys kev's online!

Shhh, hide the naked pictures of him.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » THIS POST EDITED
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 03:14:48