Where can i learn beginning biology Online?

mrhunt

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:38 am
In Preperation For a Long a grueling process of TRYING To become certified as a Emergency medical technicion (with Little Schooling) Im Trying to Learn Beginning biology and then move into Biol 130 and biol 130L

Can someone Point me possibly To a Free Online Place where biology is taught? Or Would it just be best to get a book from my library? And whats the difference between biol 130 and 130L Anyways?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,653 • Replies: 8
No top replies

mrhunt

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:50 am
Id just generally like to know As much as i can about biology and Chemistry as those seem to be the 2 Major Pre-Requsites for even Beginning to TAKE the paramedic Course Over here (or anywhere i suppose)

Is it Increidbly difficult? How long would it REally take for someone to learn if they worked hard at it? Whats the pre-requsites to learning Chemistry? Whats the different levels?

Treat me like im a 2 year old just learning this stuff cause even though im 21.....Im JUST learning this stuff.... (dont ask/Make fun of my lack of education)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:43 am
You really need to go to school for that. You can go to school online (like the University of Phoenix) but essentially what I'm saying is, a coupla websites aren't going to be enough and could do a lot more harm than good.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:54 pm
Really? Not even studying on my own at my local library Would help much? I did find an old biology book In my closet which imma start Reading again...

And do colleges have Real BEGINNER Chemistry and biology classes? or do they all assume that you have prior knowledge From High school?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 06:16 pm
Library is fine. What I'm saying is, there's a lot of junk on the Internet, particularly when it comes to science. So read carefully. But the bottom line is that you'll probably have scads of questions and the best way to get the give and take (and answers) is in a classroom.

As for how beginner is beginner, I suppose they do but I can't speak for every college and university. Call and ask, wherever you think you might want to go.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 03:21 am
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question as well as move my thread to the appropriate forum without any scholdings! Your a very good admin.If i can ever help you or your site lemme know....Ive admined and modded plenty of Phpbb,IPB boards in my time Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 04:30 am
Oh you're welcome but I didn't move it, someone on staff did. Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 05:45 am
Re: Where can i learn beginning biology Online?
mrhunt wrote:
In Preperation For a Long a grueling process of TRYING To become certified as a Emergency medical technicion (with Little Schooling) Im Trying to Learn Beginning biology and then move into Biol 130 and biol 130L

Can someone Point me possibly To a Free Online Place where biology is taught? Or Would it just be best to get a book from my library? And whats the difference between biol 130 and 130L Anyways?

iTunes is now offering video transcripts of college classes for free. I believe that a few of the biology courses taught at MIT are downloadable from iTunes.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 03:34 am
Thank you very much! I'll definately look into that.
0 Replies