Pet Hair

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:07 am
Got any cat hair / god hair removal / reduction secrets (don't mind the typo I felt like leaving)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 833 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:28 am
From the dog or from the house?

The ShedEnder actually works. It doesn't stop shedding completely but it does get a lot of hair out.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:32 am
I shave my cat twice a week, but ya gotta do it quick while they are sleeping soundly...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:34 am
I think shewolf shaves her kitty at least once a week too....oh wait, you meant....forget it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 01:14 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:40 pm
It's snowing out, and the 'hardwood floors' are cold to the touch.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:42 pm
Get him one of those cool sweaters. He will be the envy of all the neighbors pets...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:43 pm
BBB
As the weather has started warming, my Dolly Japanese Chin dog is shedding like crazy. No matter how much I use the defurminator on her, everything is still covered with her hair. My Bichons don't shed.

BBB
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 03:02 pm
Our Chow Chow is dumping fur like it's going on sale.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:44 pm
I don't know if this would work for Chowchow hair, but it might. I use my cat's brush (the kind with the fine metal wires) to brush his sitting spots where the hair tends to collect. (I brush the cat too, but that doesn't keep the hair from collecting elsewhere most of the time).
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:52 pm
FWIW my weird ol' mom used to vacuum the cats (or least try to). This I have not tried on the Chow, but I do have a drawer-full of all sorts of promising hair-removal-devices. They promise much but deliver modest levels of success with springtime Chow hair.

I used to shave our old Chow (now deceased) 2 times a year, but each time I now eye the drawer with the Chow-shaving-machinery, I get this dirty look from my otherwise beatifically-faced wife.

Last week, she took the Chow out-and-about in the sports car with the top down. I might assume both she and the Chow felt rather proud of this parading.

Should I shave the Chow, this might put a kink in thier top-down doggie-styings.
0 Replies