It's been a while.

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 02:00 pm
I'm good. Guess I'll go to page 1 and read this thread for your updates. I take it you're working...? Never mind, girl - I'll go find out.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 03:48 pm
Not working quite yet. Not technically, anyway. When I got laid off, I had no idea what I was going to do. I thought about doing the flea market thing, gathering lots of craft stuff, but then I decided against that when the flea market people all said they were interested only in items made in Canada.
Then my mind went into business mode and I was going to go into a government program that helps people who want to start a business, but I decided against using their help because I'd have to put myself in debt to go that route. Not to mention all the hoops I'd have to jump through to prove myself to them.
So, I'm almost finished selling all the stuff I had gathered on ebay and I'm headed back to the night shift in a few weeks.

I'll do the full time night shift thing again until I can pay off the debts that I have before I venture off into my business plan.

A bit of a set back, but all is ok.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 05:46 pm
Pleased to see you again montana.

btw could you send another nude photo of yourself, I seem to have lost the last one you sent.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:07 pm
Hey Dadpad :-D

Ok, I'll have to go through all my nude pics and I'll send you the best one ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:26 pm
Montana, it seems that way in local art markets re actual art or craft.
Not that my own is timely, just that I can look at markets.
I figure you are doing craft art, which could work in the right venue, but I don't know enough to be helpful (even if I could).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:32 pm
I'll add that we had some pretty crafty people show with us, and I presume my business partner has done since. The line between craft and art is thin and often joyously broached.

But, we always looked for import of some kind.

Or tried to, even in lean times. (Oh, JL, yes, abstract had import. Major show from our pov.)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:46 pm
Hey, Montana, glad you're back.

You going back to the night shift at the same place that frenchie is now on the day shift?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:49 pm
Actually Osso, I love doing crafts, but the projects I do (mostly cross stitch and knitting) take far to long to complete for me to make any profit from.
What I was gathering was craft supplies, such as nice bamboo knitting/crochet needles, cross stitch kits, cloth and supplies, along with various sewing supplies.
That stuff would have sold great in flea markets (I think) or even if I had a craft store, but a store is something that would tie me down more than I care to be.

Anyway, about 7 years ago I found ebay and instantly starting thinking about opening an ebay store, where I could list my stuff and work at home at the same time, in between auctions.

After years of researching ebay, I knew that I could profit from some of the craft stuff, but I can't make a living at it. So, I had to do more years of research to figure out the best thing to sell where I could make a living.

I finally figured out some things that sell well and that I can profit from, but I need the finance to move forward. I still have a lot of things I haven't sold off yet and they are the nicest things in the bunch. I figured I could hold onto them until November of next year, before the Christmas rush when ebay is hopin :-D

Whatever profit I make from the things I have left over, I throw right back into the business and when I start back at work, I can throw in an extra $100 a month towards the business, so slowly I'll be able to build it without putting myself in debt, which causes me much stress.

So, my future plan is to open an ebay store and sell nice stuff.

Now I'm off to ebay to relist all the stuff I didn't sell last week. I had 70 something items listed last week and I'll tell ya, that wasn't easy Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's been a while.
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:59:10