BBB's Maddy has a degerating spine

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 12:44 pm
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well I'm bummed out…What is there to say…I'll have to hug my Madison a little harder when I pick her up from day-care tonight.

Don't be dismayed at goodbye. A goodbye is necessary before we can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is a certainty with those that we love.

Hang in there BBB

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 12:53 pm
Re: Maddy
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
while we decide what to do for him; operate or end his life.

BBB

that thought just about broke my heart.
Im sorry you have been going through this, and will continue to have to deal with this for a long time.

I still hope things will get better,..
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 01:07 pm
Omg BBB. Crying or Very sad I sooooo know your pain. (crying with you)

There really are no words. Please make sure you are kind to yourself, during your grief. In other words......don't forget to take care of "you."
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 01:36 pm
I love you mom....

http://butrfly.net/Madison%20and%20%20Luella%20016.jpg

and I know Maddy loved you

http://butrfly.net/Madison%20and%20%20Luella%20002.jpg

as much as he loved his Bumble Bee.

http://butrfly.net/Madison%20and%20%20Luella%20001.jpg

And you loved the goofy guy so very much. Our family has loved and lost so many wonderful pets over the years...

http://butrfly.net/Madison%20and%20%20Luella%20010.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 01:53 pm
BBB--

I'm so sorry.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 01:59 pm
BBB, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels and it doesn't feel good. "At peace" meant so much to me after my Boo died. There was some relief for her in all that pain for her I felt.

Thanks buttr, for the photos.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 02:21 pm
BBB
This morning, my Vet and I had a long talk. I told her that Maddy had lost control of his body's elimination systems and his rear leg control had not improved. He would have to wear dog diapers. We agreed that the pain medication was controlling his pain, for which I was thankful. We agreed that spinal surgery would only be a temporary remedy. She told me that Maddy's rear leg disability configuration would probably not benefit from putting the dog wheelchair device on him. I agreed because Maddy was a house dog, where it would not be easy for him to use as it would an outside dog.

My main concern was that I'm old and disabled. It was very difficult for me to lift and carry my 17 pound Maddy. I feared falling and dropping him and/or hurting myself so much that I wouldn't be able to care for my two dogs much less a disabled one. The Vet said she wouldn't forgive herself if I injured myself trying to carry Maddy. Her one hope still held out was that continuing acupuncture treatments might restore a little of Maddy's legs stability, but not much. She offered to keep Maddy for a least a week, but she didn't hold much hope that he would improve.

I decided that it was time to let Maddy go with much love and good memories. It was quick and painless, about five seconds, his tail still wagging until he became unconscious. I kissed my sweet doggie goodbye. Many of the clinic staff came out to comfort me; everyone in the clinic was crazy about Dolly and Maddy.

Dolly wants to be in my lap at home. She's not eating, not playing with her toys. She curls up in Maddy's floor bed and sniffs his scent. I'm going to get another Bichon Fries as soon as possible to help Dolly recover from the loss of her big brother. I have an appointment tomorrow to look at a 4-1/2 month male Bichon. I will take Dolly with me to see how the two of them hit it off. I hope it works and will help to relieve Dolly's loss. It may even help me to recover a little bit.

BBB
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 06:43 pm
I'm so sorry to read this. Be good to yourself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 07:27 pm
I'm so sorry to read this tonight.

Take care of yourself and Dolly.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:03 am
Dolly
Dolly is suffering, crying constantly, pacing through the house looking for her Maddy. It was hard when we got up this morning. She just laid in bed whimpering. So sad to see her that way.

I'm so glad we will get a new Maddy today and hope it willl help her---and me to stop crying.

BBB
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 02:13 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie
I just want you to know I am really sorry for your loss Crying or Very sad
0 Replies