My Crazy Idea

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:35 am
I want to start an online store.

There is virtually no overhead and I can do it in my spare time and at home. If it's not working, I don't lose much. And if it does work, I can make some extra cash.

Question is...how?

Does anyone know if there is a protocol for this? I mean, I am already a seller on ebay so I suppose I could set up a store that way.

Any suggestions on what I could sell? Can I buy anything I want and sell it for any price I want? Are there rules on resale?

Thanks!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,188 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:44 am
I was thinking of doing gift baskets.

Is that corny or stupid?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:52 am
In and of itself it's fine I think.

But if you're looking for little or no overhead, I'm not sure that's the way to go. A gift basket business would require a lot of marketing to be successful, I think.

I'd guess that if you want something pretty self-sustaining you'd want to go super-specific and then just do SEO. Like, dietary supplements for pet frogs, or something.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 05:19 pm
Start with an amazon a-store. When you're profitable, think of an account with doba.com, then and only then can you ponder overhead. Very Happy
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 05:30 pm
I think you don't realize how much time it takes to do a home business, but you can give it a try and see if the profit is worth the time.

Ebay or Amazon have good systems in place and you can also look into setting up an Etsy store.

Etsy Stores

You need to visit your local small business development office and find out what is required in your state in the way of paperwork. The income is taxable.
0 Replies