All Rednecks Must Die

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:37 pm
I know a great majority of you think I'm a redneck.... but I'm not.

I'd like to wake up tomorrow and find they all died while I was sleeping..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,208 • Replies: 60
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:42 pm
Rednecks are some of the only people I am comfortable with.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:45 pm
Amigo wrote:

All the more reason.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:45 pm
The meaning of the word has changed since its inception. There are rednecks who are pretty good folks.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 10:42 pm
dadpad wrote:
Amigo wrote:

All the more reason.
You got me on that one buddy.....you got me.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 10:46 pm
Re: All Rednecks Must Die
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You know when you are a redneck when you think a turtle neck is something you add to soup.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:07 am
The Redneck must never die!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:47 am
Ragman wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You know when you are a redneck when you think a turtle neck is something you add to soup.

Redneck dictionary......facinate...

I got to go on a diet, I got 9 buttons on this shirt and I can only facinate.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:24 am
Doesn't "redneck" originate from the fact that the sun beats down on the back of the neck of a Caucasian living in the South or Southwest?

What other meaning can the term possibly have?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:28 am
Foofie wrote:
Doesn't "redneck" originate from the fact that the sun beats down on the back of the neck of a Caucasian living in the South or Southwest?

You must live in China or Nova Scotia or something.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:31 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Foofie wrote:

You must live in China or Nova Scotia or something.

Rather than commenting on where I, or where I may not, live, would you be amenable to educating me?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:39 am
any dictionary would serve to "educate" you, but since that hasn't occured to you...

redneck
1sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class
2often disparaging : a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks

a poor white person in the southern United States

Redneck, in modern usage, predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of people who may be found in many regions of the United States or Canada. ...

-noun 1. an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.
2. a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.
-adjective 3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

Also, red-neck.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:43 am
snood wrote:
any dictionary would serve to "educate" you, but since that hasn't occured to you...

redneck
1sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class
2often disparaging : a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks

a poor white person in the southern United States

Redneck, in modern usage, predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of people who may be found in many regions of the United States or Canada. ...

-noun 1. an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.
2. a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.
-adjective 3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

Also, red-neck.

Oh, it's like referring to a European as a "peasant."
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:54 am
I didn't find snood's dictionary definition particularly helpful - no offense to him - I am working with guys right now who brag about being a redneck. What they have in common:

1. Won't eat anything that isn't beef, chicken, fish, ribs or potatoes.

2. Racist!!!!! OMG, I have never, never, NEVER heard such language!

3. Sexist!!!! OMG, ditto above.

4. Never been out of their province (or immediate vicinity, usually) and have no desire to. "What's wrong with here?"

5. Very little use of auxiliary verbs, as in: "I seen that. I done that. I been there."

6. Listen to country music which, in itself is just fine, but this is another common denominator.

7. Their idea of a great night out is a 30 oz. steak at ABC Family Restaurant followed by a beer drinking contest at the local pub. (The steak is FREE if you can eat it all).

8. They go to "peeler" bars on a regular basis.

9. They shoot and trap animals "because they're there".

10. They all drive some kind of truck.

11. When they get together, they all tell stories, and they involve drinking, hunting, fishing, truck details, or peeler stories. sigh.

etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:57 am
Possible etymologies (interesting stuff here)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_%28stereotype%29

Quote:
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:28 am
WWWWOOOAAATTTT!!!

This *&^% fruitcake is mouthin' off like he did a days work in his life?? Standing around in tights like some kind of pussy.

*downs a bud and adjusts hunting knife on dark blue levis* Let's get 'er done, boys. Let's knock him down a few pegs.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:32 am
To give due credit, not all rednecks are that bad.

Yeah, I watched one once swerve out of his way to try to hit a kitten sitting in a dirt road, and I've known more than my share of bigoted a$$holes, but, I've known others too.

I know someone who would have no problem calling himself a redneck, but the worst word I've ever heard come out of his mouth was "Daaaaang"

Most rednecks know how to speak properly, "I seen 'em do it in many a sichiation". They just choose not to. It's just more colorful, and they don't really care in day to day situations what you think about that.

Just yesterday, I was talking to a co-worker on the phone, who's in SE Tx. She's had more education than many people I know, and nothing gets by her.
However, when we were talking about a process, and the different way I do it in Austin, as opposed to where she is, she said "Well, we ain't citified out here." Meaning they are more laid back......She laughed when she said that, because of course she was putting on her redneck act heavy, to be funny.

Yeah.....but there are some stupid, hateful mofo's out there too, no doubt.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:53 am
mushypancakes wrote:
WWWWOOOAAATTTT!!!

This *&^% fruitcake is mouthin' off like he did a days work in his life?? Standing around in tights like some kind of pussy.

*downs a bud and adjusts hunting knife on dark blue levis* Let's get 'er done, boys. Let's knock him down a few pegs.

do your worst Jr. Samples.

PS I drive a truck and I'm thinking of putting a rack in the cab.
A wine rack. Cool
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:26 am
lol. Good! I like wine. My supply is running low, send some up here!

Chai, I agree wholeheartedly. You know what ? Some of my long time friends are self professed rednecks, and "proud of it!".

I myself am not above some of the fun that goes along with it.

My friends have a sense of humour about it though too, and have no problem laughing at themselves either.

The ones that can die in their sleep are the same ones that would be miserable bastards anyways, eh.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:18 am
Since most regional smaller towns have their two-cent millionaires (aka, class consciousness), and there was a respective regional negative term for those living on "the wrong side of the tracks," is it possible that "redneck" has replaced many of these regional terms as a euphemism, for terms in the past that were much more pejorative?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » All Rednecks Must Die
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:36:29