Too Much to Ask?

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 04:52 am
Is it too much to ask that my neighbors not fill up the incinerator room with so much crap that I can't open the door wide enough to throw my garbage down the chute?

Is it too much to ask that a bottle of over-the-counter pills be sold as a bottle of pills, not a gigantic box, half of which is empty, with the bottle nestled inside.

Is it too much to ask that people not talk on their cells phones as if they're having a private conversation while they're in a doctor's waiting room?

Is it too much to ask that people on a2k proofread their thread titles? I don't mind typos in the messages, but I have to see the same damned mistakes in the titles over and over and over again.

Is it too much to ask that my cable company provide something other than paid programming on most of its stations after 3 in the morning?

Is it too much to ask that EVERYTHING not be so overhyped and blown out of proportion that people lose their perspective on things that actually matter?

I could go on. But I'll give somebody else a turn--for now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,962 • Replies: 43
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:34 am
You need some space roberta.

Here you go, I have some to spare.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/P3120014.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:53 am
Roberta--

Amen, sister.

How about making the childproof caps on OTC medications so that an adult in a hurry is not thwarted and frustrated?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:57 am
Is it too much to ask that people stop talking on their cell phones while driving? Do you not realize how BAD you are driving while you are talking?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 08:02 am
The large packaging business is a result of the dishonesty of your fellow humans, Raboida. Manufacturers put their products in large bottles, inside even larger boxes, at the request of retailers. The idea is to discourage shoplifting by making it awkward and obvious to put a box in your pocket in the attempt to steal it.

Wolfwoman, i saw a show on television during which the hostess would take a ride with various people who habitually spoke on a cell phone while driving, but who claimed they drove safely. They'd put a camera on the dashboard, and then bring the people back to the studio to sit down and watch the video tapes which showed them running stop signs and even traffic lights. Scary business.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 08:45 am
Is it necessary for some people to talk in so much detail that you want to scream? My girlfriend left me a message on my answering machine. What she said in five minutes of incessant talk, could have been communicated to me in three sentences.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 09:10 am
I hear you, Phoenix... and it's annoying if you can't delete the message without having to listen to the whole thing!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 10:19 am
BBB
My pharmacy has drive through prescription service. There are two lanes for cars in line. It drives me nuts when one or two cars are in line in one of the two lanes and another car drives up in the second lane. It always happens that the latest arrival is served before the others who were already in line.

Last week I lost my patience after having this occur AGAIN. I complained to the service window clerk and he didn't have a clue to what he was allowing. I wish they would close the second lane so this would not continue to happen.

BBB
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 10:23 am
Re: Too Much to Ask?
Roberta wrote:

Is it too much to ask that my cable company provide something other than paid programming on most of its stations after 3 in the morning?

Actually, yes....since your cable company has nothing to do with it.

:wink:

Is it too much to ask that people who cut YOU off in traffic not to glare at you as though you made the mistake?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 10:37 am
Is it too much to ask that people eat at home, or in restaurants or cafes? Why do I have to watch people feed on subways, buses, waiting rooms (even at the doctor's office!)? Not only it's repulsive (oh the eating manners of some people, spewing food out of open mouths, chewing loud, talking with full mouths...brrrrrr), it's also unhealthy. And it's nowhere more common than in the U.S. Get a grip on your lifestyle, people! (not you.... those people that feed in public).
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 11:10 am
This topic is the reason why I stayed home yesterday, slept through a lot of the day and refused to turn on anything that would remind me of the outside world-- no radio, nothing.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 11:15 am
Is it too much to ask that people get up in a GOOD mood for once? If you're not a morning person and are glum and gloomy, get out of my kitchen! I do NOT want to see your long, mopey face, you got that??!
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 12:43 pm
Is it too much to ask to actually take the trash out once? I see something you ate at the top of the full trash can. You know I've taken it out multiple times this week. Is it that difficult?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:42 pm
Is it too much to ask that you not leave your little bags of dog poop on the promanade running down my street.

I appreciate that you bag it (especially after spending a week on the beach in Texas where nobody picks up their dog's poop). But PLEASE pick it back up and throw it away. I know there isn't a handy garbage can but really, some days it looks like there was an explosion at the little blue bag factory.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:53 pm
Hey dadpad, One of Penny's pics. Thanks. But would it have been too much to ask that you posted the one with the wallaby?

Hey Noddy, I'm with you. By the time I get the top off the bottle, my symptoms have either gone or changed.

Hey shewolf, I don't have much experience with driving issues, but I've read enough about driving and cell phones to know that the two don't mix.

Hey set, People who go around stealing stuff from drugstores may be your fellow humans, but they ain't my fellow humans.

Hey phoenix, I don't know which is worse. Those talkers in person or in phone messages. Hey, talkers, cut to the chase.

Hey BBB, Don't know much about driving stuff, but I'm sympathetic.

Hey Bella, I'm too busy complaining to be pissed at each individual cable station for the paid programming. The cable company is a much better target. Is it too much to ask that they find stations that stay on the air 24 hours a day? Or how about just night/wee-hours-of-the-morning stations?

Hey dag, You're a demanding soul. These people are busy. Food slopping over everything in one hand, freaking cell phone in the other.

Hey Gala, I'm with you kid. When I hear a comment like yours, I'm reminded of the title of a poem by William Wordsworth--"The World Is Too Much With Us." He knew whereof he spoke.

Hey, Mame. Grumpy morning person here. I'm staying as far away from your kitchen as I can get. I usually steer clear of all living things for the first half hour.

Hey Jonsey, I take my trash out. You're kvetching to the wrong person. But I'm sympathetic.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:58 pm
Hey boomer, What more could a goil want than a bunch of bags of poop as she strolls down the street. Yup, I agree. Better than no bags, but jeez, get rid of that stuff.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:12 pm
Is it too much to ask that people not leave their goddamned shopping carts in the middle of the goddamned aisle while they wander off to find something? Is it? Huh? Well, is it?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:14 pm
Or is it too much to ask for people to put BACK those damn carts instead of propping them against someone elses car?

The stupid cart rack is less then 10 feet away.. heaven FORBID you walk
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:27 pm
Is it too much for you people to call maintenance when the printer needs toner? The Magical Toner Fairy does not come unless I call. The Toner Fairy is a guy, too, a middle-aged guy, and he doesn't appreciate this fairy stuff although he does think it's kinda interesting that everyone else thinks he just magically divines what's needed.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:27 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Or is it too much to ask for people to put BACK those damn carts instead of propping them against someone elses car?

The stupid cart rack is less then 10 feet away.. heaven FORBID you walk

Car stuff, again. I don't have to deal with the issue, but I'm feeling your pain.

Is it too much to freaking ask that the politicians I vote for keep their freaking pants zipped? I frankly don't care what these people do or who they shtupp in private. But is it too much to ask that they figure out that there is no private when you're elected to high public office. Now I've got a senator who's running around trying to be president and a governor who ain't a governor anymore. Who's running the freaking state? Don't tell me. I know.

Not a happy camper. (But you guys already figured that out.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Too Much to Ask?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:21:36