Some Nutjob Kicked Me Out Of A Bagel Store

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:10 pm
Ok
So
This morning I was in the mood for a new place to eat so I found this NY bagel/deli place online and seeing as I am from NY i wanted to go there. This despite 90% of the "new york" deli or pizza or bagel places in LA being a complete sham. I get there and its a sit down place so i sit down.

I order and browse the web on my iphone (brag). I ordered like 5 things and one of them was french toast. The waiter brings my food and I notice he didn't give me any syrup. The following dialogue ensues:

Me: umm...... excuse me. Aren't we missing something?!?
Waiter: ???!? (confused and semi-retarded look on his face)
Me: How about some syrup?
Waiter: oh, sorry sir, we ussually don't bring it out unless someone asks for it.
Me: um.... I got Freedom toast (i ussually call it freedom toast cause I love George Bush and hate French people)
Waiter: Yes I am aware thank you.
Me: Well whoever came up with that policy is an idiot

Apparently I was within earshot of the owner because he came out from behind the counter pretty quickly

Owner/manager/whatever I don't care: I came up with that policy and I want you to leave my restuarant
Me: I was just pointing out its pretty stupid to not give people syrup when they order freedom toast or pancakes or whatever
Owner: Leave please.
Me: I haven't eaten yet
Owner: Get the fug out of my restaurant.
Me: (as I am walking out) go fug yourself

wtf???

Anyways I had to go to a deli to get my american classic breakfast combo..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,637 • Replies: 58
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:19 pm
are you expecting congratulations?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:37 pm
With #2 you would of got eggroll.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:44 pm
I vote for the restauranteur. He has enough to worry about than having to deal with a patron with an "attitude".

Mmmmmmmmmm..................................BTW, have you ever heard the expression, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"????
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:48 pm
You were a complete dick. Didn't have to read past "aren't we missing something?" to figure that out.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:50 pm
Rude behavior begets rude consequences. Learn a lesson from it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:52 pm
I dont know why you would EXPECT the rest of the world to understand that you HAVE to get syrup on your french toast.

I would have thrown you out too if it was my restaurant.

Just so you know the way to deal with this is....

You: Excuse me mr waiter please may I have some syrup with my French toast.

Waiter: certainly sir I will just be a moment We dont usually bring syrup unless someone asks for it.

Waiter brings syrup

You: thank you mr waiter

And everyone is happy.

By the way primitivo you are an arshole!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 07:04 pm
Have you seen the movie "Road Trip"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CVLe_QJ0xf8
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 08:14 pm
iiiihhhhhhh, so much for French Toast.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:05 pm
Sorry.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:46 pm
Don't be! It was funny!
It just robs you of any appetite for French toast. Very Happy
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 12:56 pm
Ok, I realize that most people are not sensitive to such matters, and most guys don't realize it, but let me put it bluntly.

You were a real twit, and If it were my place I'd throw you out too, let me run you through the list of mistakes you made.

Quote:
I order and browse the web on my iphone (brag).

Nobody cares about people's frigging IPhones. Seriously, we are happy without that closed crap.

Quote:
Me: umm...... excuse me. Aren't we missing something?!?

OK, well, you could have just said "Could I have some Maple Syrup please?" rather than saying something to make the waiter guess, and trying to make him feel like an idiot.

Quote:
Waiter: ???!? (confused and semi-retarded look on his face)

Well of course, he's just doing his frigging job, and here you are, king of the frigging universe, making demands that you are not even communicating, and making him guess what you want, wow, what a retard he must be!

Quote:
Me: How about some syrup?

Finally, you are catching on, but after acting like an ass you could have includud the magic word (please).

Quote:
Waiter: oh, sorry sir, we ussually don't bring it out unless someone asks for it.

Wow, this waiter is good, he is able to completely ignore what an ass you were at him and apologize to you for something that is not even his fault.

Quote:
Me: um.... I got Freedom toast (i ussually call it freedom toast cause I love Bush and hate French people)

And people probably treat you accordingly.

Quote:
Waiter: Yes I am aware thank you.

Once again, exellent waiter, in a perfect world, he would habe the right to tase you. I'd give this exemplary citizen a good tip.

Quote:
Me: Well whoever came up with that policy is an idiot

In case the waiter did not think you a jackass already, you had to further esculate the situation by calling his superior an idiot.

Quote:
Owner/manager/whatever I don't care: I came up with that policy and I want you to leave my restuarant

Damn straight, a manager should always respect their workers by dealing with bad customers in this manner.

Quote:
Me: I was just pointing out its pretty stupid to not give people syrup when they order freedom toast or pancakes or whatever

No, you were an a-hole at the waiter repeatedly, and called the supervisor an idiot, you pointed out nothing in a constructive manner.

Quote:
Anyways I had to go to a deli to get my american classic breakfast combo..

Well I hope they knew where to shove it.
0 Replies

daffy

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:27 pm
martybarker wrote:
Have you seen the movie "Road Trip"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CVLe_QJ0xf8

OH GROSS - I think I might not ever go to a restaurant again...really thinking too much about that scene..do you think things like that might really happen?

Don't you think that is why he posted this? He likes being a jackass apparently - proud of it even.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:37 pm
i think he's a teenage twit who posted an imaginary conversation to get a kick out of people.... if that's the case, it does not represent him in any better light than if it indeed was a real conversation..... all i can say to him is good luck in life, you'll need ton of it.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:51 pm
Primotivo is a provocateur.

He always gets what he is looking for...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:54 pm
which is attention... yep.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:08 pm
This thread is beginning to resemble an angry town hall meeting.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:11 pm
What does it resemble to?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:13 pm
Francis wrote:
What does it resemble to?

It what resemble does.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:15 pm
it is an angry town hall meeting. welcome, gargamel, join the angry ranks. coffee's over there.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Some Nutjob Kicked Me Out Of A Bagel Store
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:21:23