http://www.macleans.ca/columnists/article.jsp?id=7&content=20080103_113631_1360
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 890 • Replies: 11
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 01:18 am
We're really offended by you, too....don't feel all left out and such.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 02:15 am
dlowan wrote:

I am not offended by you just, disappointed... That goes to show just who has the true character here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 02:55 am
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I am not offended by you just, disappointed... That goes to show just who has the true character here.

Yep, you're a true character all right. :wink:
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 07:52 am
Quote:
Except that there seems to be some kinky kind of competition on the Western left to be, metaphorically speaking, Islam's lead prison bitch.

Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 07:53 am
dlowan wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:

i love you deb
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:59 pm
dlowan wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:

As opposed to a false character? I guess I will say, "thanks" then. Smile

Comment: This is my life's creed.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Peace with God.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 01:49 pm
Related to this thread. RR

About 40 Christians were kidnapped February 27 by anti-Christian radicals in Himachal Pradesh, India. The extremists reportedly took the Christians to a religious temple and are trying to force them to renounce Christ and return to the country's dominant faith.

Initial reports from the area indicate that some of those kidnapped are part of a Gospel for Asia-related church in the village where the kidnapping occurred.

GFA leaders in Himachal Pradesh ask for prayer for those who were captured, that they will stand firm in their faith, even in this difficult time. They also ask for prayer for the overall situation for Christians in this northwest Indian state.

An anti-Christian political party controls Himachal Pradesh, and it is possible that the group who kidnapped these Christians is affiliated with the political party. One of this party's goals is to convert Christians to India's predominant religion. It is not unusual for these extremists to kidnap believers and force them to bow before the statues that represent the country's traditional gods. If the Christians refuse to bow to the statues, they risk being ostracized from society, which brings much shame in the Asian culture in which they live.

The extremist ruling party believes that keeping people in the traditional religion brings unity to the state, and ultimately to the entire country. Since Christianity is so radically different than the other religions, a person's decision to follow Christ creates friction in families and sometimes entire villages.

Gospel for Asia
www.gfa.org
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 02:32 pm
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Peace with God.

that and vengeance, force, power, retribution... we've read plenty of your 'creeds'.

i find preaching to others, self-absorbed conviction that "i know best" what's right or wrong, also highly offensive.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:27 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Peace with God.

that and vengeance, force, power, retribution... we've read plenty of your 'creeds'.

i find preaching to others, self-absorbed conviction that "i know best" what's right or wrong, also highly offensive.

Ahh so you prefer the walk all over me, suicidal, powerless, kill me and I won't even defend myself, family or country, anything goes creed? I understand quite well now. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Also you seem to have a fair bit of venom yourself, preach tolerance but don't tolerate yourself! But let a Christian defend their creed and then look who is the first to spit poison? I am not preaching wimpism, but you are… You are trying to force that on others (mostly revealingly Christians…) as you are the biggest critic yourself. Only truth is attacked so vehemently.

The old double standard, speak your mind and criticize others for doing the same! It is hard to see that you are any more than a hypocrite.

Really.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:34 pm
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:42 pm
0 Replies