dog wont quit jumping up on people

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:02 pm
i tried lifting my knee up when she does it, so it makes it really uncomfortable and she might quit , my mom told me to do that.

but then she wants to start playfighting.

what else should i try? its not helping certain people encourage the damn behavior lol.

"yeah jump jump! good girl!" i just want to hit them when they do that ****.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 712 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:14 pm
The knee trick doesn't really work except in that it's an effort to stop the dog from the behavior, which is, of course, a start in addressing it.

Here is some more information:

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/clk9906.html

http://www.doggroups.com/dog-training/item/9
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 01:04 pm
Your biggest challenge will be training your friends and relatives to help. Dogs love silly people and your friends and relatives are all silly people to your dog.

Choose a person to approach the dog and repeat No Jumping 101. This shouldn't take as long as it did with you. If your friend cannot get the timing right, you click and he can treat. Work with at least 10 other people until your dog thinks she's got everyone trained to give her a treat when she keeps her feet on the floor!

omfg thats so funny!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:39 pm
It's funny, but also highlights an important part of the training. You need to get others involved.

I'm having a hard time with my dog with this, because even if I teach him not to jump on me, everyone else thinks he's cute and let him or encourage him. So he thinks it's acceptable behavior and that I'm just a grumpy bastard. In short, it's not working and won't work till others help me reinforce this training.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 12:57 am
day one,so far no good. day 987 might go slightly better
0 Replies

Tigershark

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 01:11 am
Take the dog to a farm where they have an electric fence. Get him/her to stand underneath the cable then jump.

Then, so long as there is a clothes line or something visible at all times inside your house, the dog will never jump again.

In fact it may start crawling, which could be bad news for your carpet if she is a lactating bitch.

Laughing
0 Replies