Me too.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:21 pm
lol, i even had a tear or two.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:22 pm
Made me shed a tear too when I imagined how easily that wild animal could have ripped out his throat.

That was not a house cat, but a wild beast.

Just like those cuddly grizzly bears at yellowstone would just as gladly eat your head as your pick-a-nic basket.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:03 pm
I watched it and if anyone were here in the room with me, they would have noticed I showed not a hint of emotion, no tears shed, no attempt at a smile, nothing. I watched it, thought about Columbia for a minute, and then returned to this page to type this response.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:06 pm
I thought about gus whilst I watched.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:21 pm
Ha, cool. I want to hug a lion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:51 pm
Very cute and a little scary.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:54 pm
Chai is right that it could have turned into a cjhsa feature film, but it didn't and for that I am grateful.
0 Replies

username

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:55 pm
The caption says she found it wounded and almost dead in the jungle, nursed it back to health, and then called a zoo to give it a new home, so it's not as if they were total strangers to each other. Very Androcles and the Lion. But it's still relying a lot on a lion's memory and sense of gratitude, tho apparently the reliance held. Good for her for doing it, good for the lion for remembering and figuring out what was going on.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 08:18 am
username wrote:
The caption says she found it wounded and almost dead in the jungle, nursed it back to health, and then called a zoo to give it a new home, so it's not as if they were total strangers to each other. Very Androcles and the Lion. But it's still relying a lot on a lion's memory and sense of gratitude, tho apparently the reliance held. Good for her for doing it, good for the lion for remembering and figuring out what was going on.

It's not like they're total strangers to each other?

Let's ask Roy Horn, of Siegfried and Roy, about knowing an animal well.

Mr. Horn, could you please roll your wheelchair up to the mike to tell us of your experience in which a tiger you hand raised (never mind your decades long experience with big cats) grabbed you by the throat causing massive blood loss, stroke and paralysis?

Good for her for doing it?

That is one stupid, stupid woman.

Period.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:02 pm
i bet more humans kill people they know than animals. O_o

BURN! j/k.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:25 pm
What's that got to do with the price of eggs in topeka?

Obviously 1000's of more people are killed by people they know.

very few people have access to wild animals that have 8 inch fangs and 10 inch claws. If they do, they generally show enough common sense to avoid getting close enough to get mauled or killed.

Mentioning grizzly bears earlier, that's why there are so many bear maulings in national parks.

People (stupid people) think this 1,200 pound animal is just like the cute little stuffed teddy bear, until they find their entire head and both shoulders between the bears jaws.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:30 pm
LOL, my dog is the most vicious looking thing you ever did see, but shes just a little baby.

a lion is different obviously but , i dont know. my opinion is that animals share the same emotions as humans, all we have separating us is the need to eat , protect our babies, and ignorance.
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:46 pm
Good for her for saving the lion, Chai, sheesh.......
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:56 pm
I would have done exactly what that women in the video did so I guess I am one stupid, very stupid woman Very Happy
0 Replies