anyone have any experience with neopolitan mastiffs?

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:01 pm
i have a thing with the roman era, and i read up on these dogs and when i found out they were from rome for hunting it was for sure.( supposedly some big dude talked about how you could take down a lion with "only 4" of these dogs.)

they are badass. can anyone give me any info on this breed? i cant afford it really, but im getting one of these dogs (maybe two) before the end of the year.

i saw the dog show a few days ago OMG i fell even more in love with this breed, the dogo argentino is another one i want to know about.

is there a site that has the history of dogs? the pharaoh hound (egyptian i think? do i have to ask LOL) and the one from india are badass.

omg i love dogs alot, i should be working with them, **** humans lol.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 780 • Replies: 11
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 09:53 pm
damn that sucks! i want to know what they are like in person i dont like undisciplined dogs.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:01 pm
I've known three mastifs, a full mastif, a bull mastif and a neopolitan mastif. I knew them to varying degrees and the neopolitan the least well. All were mellow, easy dogs. I know they tend towards their own specific breed disorders (skin disease for one).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:02 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
damn that sucks! i want to know what they are like in person i dont like undisciplined dogs.

A dog is largely disciplined by its owner. nature does play some role, but master makes a huge difference.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:04 pm
i know, im like the best dog raiser ive ever met son! every one of my dogs is champion material, but they are pitbulls so they arent allowed to do alot of things.

im talkin like little russel terriers, SO ANNOYING OMFRICKIN GOD!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:11 am
We had an English mastiff mix (he also had Rottweiler and German Shepherd in him, maybe some Anatolian Shepherd as he looked just like an Anatolian). Sweetest, most wonderful dog we ever had. But he died at age 8 -- very large dogs don't live as long as smaller ones do. Big food bill, too and, heh, lots of scooping the products of said large feedings.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:45 pm
im plannin on gettin 2 neopolitans. cnt wait. gonna cost some cheese though foreshow.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:08 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
im plannin on gettin 2 neopolitans. cnt wait. gonna cost some cheese though foreshow.

They will cost you about $1500 each.

Also OG, could you cool it on the ghetto speak? We're a bunch of middle class grown-ups here and we appreciate clear communication, even if it's not perfect. I know you can do better because I've seen you do it.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:09 pm
haha why do you think i do it? <3
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:23 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
haha why do you think i do it? <3

To stand out and declare who you in a forum of people who can't actually see you. I've also noticed black kids tend to use this speech when they want to hide how smart they are - like it's a bad thing. It's fine to use the slang and accent with your buddies hanging out on the corner. However, when you are in the world, you need to learn how to show who you are without dragging yourself down in the process.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:13 pm
Agreed with Green Witch. OG -- we know you're smarter than that. Smile
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:13 pm
psyche.
0 Replies