Boring, Boring, Boring

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:08 pm
On macular degeneration, littleK, nag me if I don't follow up, re some links re newish stuff.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 12:29 am
littlek wrote:
msolga wrote:
It is clear to me, k, that you need a fresh challenge to overcome this spate of boredom! Have you considered undertaking another course? That'll keep you out of trouble!:wink:

But I am! It just doesn't involve much homework.

How awful for you.

(Thinking: She's NUTS!!!)

Dollink...it's just structure hunger.

You have been burdened, cribb'd, cabined and confined....the loosing of the swaddling bands has made you temporarily strange to freedom of movement....all will resolve in a little time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:00 am
I have this unusual craving to watch tv. What do I do? How do I stop it? What do people do with all their free time?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:17 pm
littlek wrote:
I have this unusual craving to watch tv. What do I do? How do I stop it? What do people do with all their free time?

So...go watch TV...or get some good DVD's.

Enjoy some brain downtime.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:20 pm
I highly recommend "The Flavor of Love."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:20 pm
TV's too addicting.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:21 pm
A little bit of t.v. can be a good thing. There is some good programming - it's just not on the low-end of the dial.

I love the Independent Film Channel and the Documentary Channel and National Geographic Channel. Thank god for satellite programming so I don't have to pay to get the standard alphabet channel offerings.

~~~

dlowan's definitely onto something with the whole freedom thing - it's been a while since you've had the opportunity to enjoy unstructured, guilt-free time.

(I need to read back ^^^ and see if you've been doing any interesting art projects lately)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:24 pm
kickycan wrote:
I highly recommend "The Flavor of Love."

That damn show is like a car wreck. Every time I flip through the channels, I have to stop and gawk at it. It's so horrible, I can't help myself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:25 pm
ok, read back up

no art projects happening

howsabout a nice big pad of white paper, a couple of boxes of oil pastels and crayons and coloured markers (I love love love the Anything for a buck store!) - some really good tunes playing - some good snacks

if you NEED to be productive ... master a new recipe?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:25 pm
I like the art project idea. I just did some painting with the kids. And my camera is dying, so I've been thinking about trying to sketch what I see for a while instead. I am terribly unpracticed at getting into my right brain......(as opposed to left, people!)

I would have to spend money to make tv worth watching - renting dvds or buying into cable.

I am much less bored now as I predicted. I am planning for tomorrow's tutor session and saturday's shindig. I also have to read up on the DRA2 course I'm taking (for free!!!). Plus, snow's coming. Christ, the grocery will be mobbed all day tomorrow.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:42 pm
littlek, I've told you this once before, but I don't believe you followed up on my suggestion, and that was to try chip carving. Very minimal investment, a couple of knifes and a few rulers, a compass, eraser, that sort of thing, and the results can be spectacular.

Plus, it is a relaxing way to spend your time.

http://www.augustcollection.com/images/thumbs/woodwork/wb004th.jpg

That was made using only these...

http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/ChipCarving/ChipKnives2.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:44 pm
I should add that you will not have to make the bowl, which can be purchased at a crafts store. The type of wood generally used in chip carving is basswood because it it extremely easy to cut and leaves crisp, clean edges.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:46 pm
I've learned a lot from Wayne Barton
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:47 pm
um.... I think I might destroy the wood and my fingers....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:53 pm
chip carving is a little tame. How about this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OejWDAPZvg8
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 09:59 pm
Yea little k, when you get bored you can do that with sticks of butter and a butterknife.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:07 pm
I did some wood carving for a while, not all so very good though I meant well. I don't have it in me to keep a perfect pattern rendition even if I have reasonable hand-eye coordination.

I read at some point that it was difficult to get italian workers to do tiles the same way in multiples. (I certainly don't know the workshop nature of tilemaking there in different regions, but I see myself as a wild tilemaker, or the opposite, a perfectionist, but crazy.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:25 pm
I carved wood in elementary school. Not since.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:31 pm
i'd play with a chainsaw.

my birthday is in may Razz
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:54 pm
http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/ChipCarving/ChipKnives2.jpg

Too bad it's not Halloween. You could do some pretty nifty punkin carvin' with them knives! Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 06:12:25