Boring, Boring, Boring

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 01:58 pm
I
am
so
bored

It's tuesday of my vacation week and I am bored. Yesterday I spring cleaned my bedroom. I went for a walk around the arboretum today. I've been playing scramble on facebook...... reading, I've been through several kids books I needed to read. Maybe I need to go buy another book. Or rent a movie. Or watch whatever happens to be on my one TV channel.

Sigh.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,005 • Replies: 65
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:01 pm
http://www.miniclip.com/games/chick-flick/en/
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:06 pm
ehBeth
ehBeth, maybe it's time to trim your toenails. That always brings joy to my days.

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:13 pm
Re: ehBeth
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
ehBeth,

>snort
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:16 pm
Re: ehBeth
shewolfnm wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
ehBeth,

>snort

Oops, I meant littlek.

BBB Embarrassed
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:18 pm
Thanks for the suggestions, but I think I need to be away from my computer. And, my nails will only take a minute or three. Maybe I should walk to the bookstore.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
This is the first time in a long time that I don't have any master's homework hanging over my head.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
Thrift store shopping?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 02:22 pm
littlek
littlek wrote:
This is the first time in a long time that I don't have any master's homework hanging over my head.

You could hitchhike to Albuquerque and take Maddy and Dolly for long walks.

BBB
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 03:24 pm
how bout a visit to a gardening center, maybe get some tulip or hyacinth bulbs to force?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 03:44 pm
A museum?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 03:53 pm
littlek wrote:

Nothing like not having something you SHOULD be doing but aren't, to take the savour out of what you ARE doing.

Go **** someone?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 04:23 pm
Perhaps opposite to dlowan, I always, eh, many times, find some things to do more attractive when I should be doing other things. Thus, I'm still a child, even now. Boredom may be related, not across the board of course, with freedom to choose. As time grows shorter, this may change for you.. tick, tick, tick.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 04:41 pm

By the end of the first level, the mindless repetition gave me flashbacks to my first corporate job....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:11 pm
I nixed shopping for anything as I have no spare cash.

I would love to hitchhike to Albaturkey to walk BBB's dogs , but alas, that won't be happening.

I am thinking about spring, JPB, I went to a garden center yesterday.... no money. I could plan for the spring though.....

Noddy - Museum - good idea. I think I get into several free with my local library membership. Maybe Friday.

Dlowan - **** who!?!? hmmm..... that would work in the short term.

Osso - now I'm bored and stressed out at the same time!

But, I did take spring to heart today. I saw several different types of witch hazel in bloom, snow drops are peeking up from the semi-frozen mud. The pussy willows are afuzz and magnolia buds are fat. I couldn't help but notice that the birds have not yet decided it is spring. We still have a ways to go.

Then I decided to nap. But, my mom called. Which bugged me at first. We ended up having a nice long chat about a great many things. So, this was good. I do feel less bored now that I have things to worry about (my mother lumbar and macular degeneration) and to reminisce with (my grandparents' lives).

Tomorrow and Thursday I spend with my niece and nephew. Maybe I'll make them go to the garden center with me (they hate that!).

And the gathering is this weekend.

Thanks for playing all...........
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:36 pm
Witch hazel in bloom? Doesn't witch hazel bloom in November?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:43 pm
noddy, there are two different bloom times depending on variety.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:09 pm
Crack a bottle of wine well have an online party. I'm drinking beer.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/33/64/22666433.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:12 pm
oho! Beer! Great idea.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:25 pm
I,m On an online meeting right now with 85 people and 4 presenters. I get paid 15 dallars for four hours and it takes about an hour. then I have to go to this store. I'm doing it for extra money.

I'm getting paid to sit at the computer and drink beer and talk to you guys. I just go back to the meeting screen when I have to.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boring, Boring, Boring
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:18:24