BBB's Maddy has a collapsed trachea

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:30 am
littlek
littlek, Maddy just lapped down at least 1/2 cup of vegetable broth thinned out with water. It worked!

BBB
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:33 am
littlek wrote:
Poor little guy! Besides applesauce, how about low-sodium chicken broth?

this is why I make broth for the dogs each week - no sodium.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:01 am
Maddy
Maddy just barked ONCE at a neighbor walking by my house. The first time since his injury. Is that a good sign?

BBB
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 12:21 am
Re: Maddy
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Maddy just barked ONCE at a neighbor walking by my house. The first time since his injury. Is that a good sign?

BBB

Oh I hope so, BBB! Very Happy

Just curious, when trying to get some liquids down Maddy's throat with the turkey baster .... was anyone helping you? Like holding him firm as you go about it? This sure helps when you have no other way to introduce liquids. (Been there, done that - with a cat - it's very hard, I know!)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:20 pm
BBB
I received bad news about Maddy today and started a new topic:
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113649

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 10:24 am
TTH
TTH attended the groomers' conference and posted their reactions:

"They basically said that if a small dog is pulling hard against the collar, then they have to resort to taking the collar off and have another person hold the dog in place. They also said it sounded unusual to them and that they could just about bet that the owner used a collar on the dog and the dog was a puller prior to being groomed and when the dog went to the groomer a trachea collapse was the final straw, so to speak. I didn't mention anything about you or how you walked your dog or if you used a collar or not."

"I am glad you did make a post about the whole incident because I use a collar on my dog and she tends to pull, which means I need to get a harness to walk her."

TTH

Maddy doesn't wear any kind of collar or harness now except if he is going outside or in the car, during which he now wears only a harness.

A hard lesson to learn.

BBB
0 Replies