ZZ Top -

Gimme all your lovin
Sleeping bag
Rough boy
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:41 am
The Stooges

(the kid don't like the Beatles Confused )
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:32 am
Robert, you suggested a lot of things that I really like which ususally puts something into Mo's "uncool" category. I'm going to try slipping some in -- if he doesn't know that I like it (like the Ramones) I can usually get away with it. (I tried to sneak in some Zappa and got totally nailed.)

I'll give the ones I don't know a listen. Thanks for the nice list.

ZZ Top! Yeah! I did add a Foghat song (I Just Wanna Make Love To You) so I can't believe I didn't think of ZZ.

The Stooges! Iggy! I have a lot of Iggy on vinyl. I'll have to get my friend to start transfering some stuff over.

"Putting on the 10-9" is a phrase I don't understand but I know it applies to me. I get stuck on certain songs and listen to it a zillion times.

Thanks all!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:54 am
boomerang wrote:
Robert, you suggested a lot of things that I really like which ususally puts something into Mo's "uncool" category. I'm going to try slipping some in -- if he doesn't know that I like it (like the Ramones) I can usually get away with it. (I tried to sneak in some Zappa and got totally nailed.)

I'll give the ones I don't know a listen. Thanks for the nice list.

ZZ Top! Yeah! I did add a Foghat song (I Just Wanna Make Love To You) so I can't believe I didn't think of ZZ.

The Stooges! Iggy! I have a lot of Iggy on vinyl. I'll have to get my friend to start transfering some stuff over.

"Putting on the 10-9" is a phrase I don't understand but I know it applies to me. I get stuck on certain songs and listen to it a zillion times.

Thanks all!

Just make sure he isn't singing "I Wanna Be Your Dog" at school
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:01 am
I've always admired the drumming on Hendrix's "Manic Depression".
Geez. I can't remember his original drummer's name. Nor the bassist. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:05 am
Or "Sixteen"! Ya gotta be careful with Iggy.

I was just reading a review of Lenny Kravitz's new CD and I'd be remiss to leave off some Lenny.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:50 am
eoe wrote:
I've always admired the drumming on Hendrix's "Manic Depression".
Geez. I can't remember his original drummer's name. Nor the bassist. Rolling Eyes

The Experience: Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell (drums), Noel Redding (bass).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:52 am
Oh yeah. Thanks Garg!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:09 pm
boomerang wrote:
(I tried to sneak in some Zappa and got totally nailed.)

A lot of people whose taste I respect have tried to slip me some Zappa. But I'm partial to melody in music (I have the brain of a child) and don't get him either (despite my best efforts) and would have cried foul as well.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:56 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
boomerang wrote:
(I tried to sneak in some Zappa and got totally nailed.)

A lot of people whose taste I respect have tried to slip me some Zappa. But I'm partial to melody in music (I have the brain of a child) and don't get him either (despite my best efforts) and would have cried foul as well.

You'll find Zappa records in his collection around the same time you find the cigarettes with no writing on them.

Not that that's gonna happen.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 05:54 pm
Got it made!

Got it made!

Got it made!

I'm NOT the teacher.

<snicker>

I might have to take that one off but it does have a terrific drum intro.

"Manic Depression" -- that's a great song! Dang, thanks, eoe.

You're right, Gargamel, that's about when I discovered Zappa. Maybe we need to jive Robert with some cosmic debris. (Nix to jiving Mo.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 06:05 pm
boomerang wrote:
"Manic Depression" -- that's a great song! Dang, thanks, eoe.

It's on my ipod workout playlist #5. Listen to it this morning and thought about Lil' Mo.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 06:06 pm
I mainly trying to think of songs that have a focus on the drum...mostly intros are what pop into mind of course.

Drop Dead Legs
Why Can't This Be Love....Van Halen

Wishing Well - Terence Trent D'Arby

Toto - Rosanna

Stevie Wonder

Superstition
Master Blaster.....basically reggae though

Higher Love - Steve Winwood
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 06:55 pm
<deep breath>

<gulp wine>

Rockehead, you know I love you and I appreciate your advice but

<gulp>

we need to talk about Rush.

I tried to dodge the issue but my friend Kathy, the Canadian psychic, suggested the same and stone cold sober I looked her in the eye and told her the truth (like it does any good to lie to her but that's another thread):

That guys voice makes my brain hemmorage.

She assured me that it was a "girl" thing. That having a uterus makes your brain hemmorage when you hear that voice and that it would be safe for Mo but.... well.... his brain is..... young and ...... fragile and.....

<sigh>

<gulp>

In the interest of self protection I will have to find someone else to introduce him to Rush to see if he likes it.

Please, I beg you for advice that does not lead me to brain damage because otherwise I dig what you have to say.

My uterus and I thank you.

I like all those songs, twopacks, but I'm afraid Mo would think they are lullabyes. I love Winwood, especially the Traffic years, but when I play them Mo snores to get his point across.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 06:58 pm
eoe wrote:
boomerang wrote:

He does like soul/funk ala James Brown which I haven't added any of yet. "I Feel Good" definately needs to be on his playlist as that is our number one dance party song.

Be sure to grab the Godfather's cut called "The Funky Drummer".
Oh yeah. You know how much he loved to 'give the drummer some"!

What a CHOOOOOOOOOON!

LOVE that!!!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:00 pm
OK, no more Geddy...(Gram hates him, too)

I'm explorin and thinkin.

Back after a while.

RH
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:34 am
Motley Crue! Kickstart my Heart...nice song to get the little fellow pumped up so he can start smashing things in the house. Dr. Feelgood...Livewire...

If you watch the lyrics, some Tool. Jambi? Either way, the drummer in that is one of the best, and they're musically a very gifted band all around.

Fugazi's album "Repeater."

Bloc Party, the song "like eating glass" has a cool drum beat I always liked, and is a good song anyway.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 11:48 am
If rock and roll wrecked young brains I would be living under a bridge somewhere.

And Mo has drums to smash on so it channels it into a positive direction.

Thanks for the suggestions, Slappy! I know Motley Crue but I'm not very familiar with the others so I'll check them out.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 12:12 pm
The Fugazi reference is pretty random, it's probaby 15 years old, and is a somewhat heavier indie band.

Here's Tool/drum solo:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jxinb4BdeiI
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 12:25 pm
Mo thinks that was "awesome!"
0 Replies