I STILL Can't Install Adobe Flash Player! Why?

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:47 am
Hi computer experts.

I have tried on many occasions to install the latest version of Adobe Flash player and I still can't do it. It's driving me mad.

It starts doing something for about 20 secs, like it's gonna work and a warning box comes up with "Internet Explorer Security Warning" asking me if I want to install Adobe Flash Player 9 with 2 boxes "Install" and "Don't Install".

I click install (as it says to do this on the Adobe page) and it does something for a few seconds again like it's trying to work and then it's just the same Adobe page again and nothing's happened. I've tried rebooting afterwards but still nothing.

Please can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,939 • Replies: 32
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:03 am
I'm guessing aa bit here but i think you need to "allow popups" for this site (the (site you are downloading from).

There should be a yellow bar across the top of your browser under the toolbar. click on this bar to allow popups.

where are you downloading from? past the link so I can walk through it here and give better/more detailed advice.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:21 am
Ok dadpad. Thanks.

Give me a few minutes to figure it out. I'm crap at computer stuff......
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:27 am
Webpage Title
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:28 am
Does that work Dadpad?

I went into tools and the only option available was to "turn on pop-up blocker" so I assume they are already allowed?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:31 am
The site is asking to install an active x control. do you see the yellow bar toward the top of the page but below the tool bar? click on this yellow bar.
After I clicked on the yellow bar ie sent me back to my homepage. I reinserted the link you gave and unchecked googles toolbar checke the terms of service box and clicked install now.
You should now be on the download page.

just under the black banner heading ADOBE FLASH PLAYER it says click here to install the active X control. Do so.
a pop up will appear. click on install

you should soon be ready to go. You may need to reboot

let me know how you go.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:41 am
If you are using IE and if it was the pop-up blocker not the script blocker, you can turn off the pop-up blocker by clicking on the TOOLS pull-down menu at the upper right corner of the IE toolbar.

If you are using IE and if it was the script blocker, you can temporarily allow scripts by clicking on that same TOOLS pull-down menu and then click on the Internet Options selection to change the script setting.

Click the Advanced tab, and then, in the Settings list, scroll down to the Security section.

Select the Allow active content to run in files on My Computer check box, and then click OK.

say thanks to butterflynet for this info. and dont forget to rest this option after downloading.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:43 am
It won't work for me either.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:48 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
It won't work for me either.

works just fine for me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:49 am
weird.... seth is having the same problem on his laptop as well...
Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:32 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I've had a computer nerd round here to try and do it. He was tapping and clicking away for about an hour and still no joy.

:-(
Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 07:23 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
If you are still having the problem.....

You can try to do a complete unistall of the flash player and then do a new install.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:00 pm
@Intrepid,
Ok Intrepid, I'm going to try that tonight 'cos it's really doing my head in.

Somebody mentioned de-fragmenting my pc. Do you think that might help? Should I try that first?

Intrepid

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 05:56 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Defragging is always a good idea. However, it will not solve problems and can make them worse if you do not run error checking first.

I recommended completely removing and re-loading because sometimes there is something left in the registry that will prevent the new player from working.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 12:49 pm
@Intrepid,
Hi. Once I un-install Flash Player, where do I re-install it from please?

Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 12:52 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
here ya go DP

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 01:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Much thanks Rockhead
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 02:03 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks, Rockhead. I should have provided a link with my post.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:00 am
thanks intrepis et al I'm still trying
Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:06 am
@Dorothy Parker,
I can't even find Adobe Flash Player on my computer to un-install it. I looked in Start - then Programs..... it's not there.

Am I looking in the right place?