Lovatts Colossus 114 Editor's Challenge

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 01:00 am
I am having trouble with a couple of the Editor's Challenge yet again. I have worked out the theme (food) and even the final answerline, but have two clues that just will not drop into place.

3. Name of man taking order for our egg yolks (4) - will need to have an H added to front or back to make a food. I can only find REG and that fits neither the number of letters or the theme criteria.

22. Squeeze together, quickly mash, and crush (5) - this one needs to have an S added. I think it might be QUASH +S = SQUASH.

Can anybody help me please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 515 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Crypticheadache

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 05:10 am
I like these Editor's Challenges because you can always work backwards...which gave me "dough" which led me to realise the "yolk" or centre of each word spells "doug".

Number 22 I worked out: Squeeze "quickly mash" together and you get "quash". And you'll know now what that leads to...

I love them!
0 Replies

grannylynne

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 05:32 am
Thank you Crypticheadache.

You have eased my own cryptic headache. I've got the rest, now I can sleep in peace.
0 Replies