Boing boing boing boing

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:59 am
I bounced 2 checks and it was not even my fricking fault.

I gave her day care 2 checks. One was not supposed to be deposited.

It was. Confused

That was an extra 450.00 that was attempted to be pulled from my account which was at 112.00 at the time.
I also had little Flash's nut removal check coming too.. 68.00
AND- 25 dollar co-pay.

20.00 for the day care check
35.00! for the nut check
35.00 for the co-pay

Sorry. I dont make 100.00 in three days. No way.

There was a with draw of funds from my second account in attempt to cover any negative balance in my first checking.

A whopping 15.00 was pulled.
That cost me another 10.00 And it was not even enough to cover the original 450.00 check deposited in error.

Some how, I now owe a monthly maintance fee for second checking account ( the one where they pulled 15.00?!)

20.00 for being overdrawn there

Of that 15.00 that was there 7.95 was going to a card charge of gasoline.
Nope. Its gone.

7.95 owed to the bank
35.00.00 for it not being there.

( All of this happens in two days!)

I race back to her day care, get a check from the director and still manage to smile at him when he tells me "Yes. I saw two checks from you in one month. I thought that was odd.."

Confused Yet, you deposit it anyway huh? And did not even ask? Did you think i was tipping you 450.00?! ( Not said out loud)

I race that to the bank and still owe 261.91

I get ahold of the bank manager and show her , calculator in hand, what happened. I have NEVER bounced a check with them and I always have overdraft protection on my account to cover any miscalculations on my part. My account has NEVER been in the negative and I dont owe them a dime in credit.

" Im sorry Mrs , there is nothing I can do to help you at this point. We can not even tell if the check was rejected by Bank of this country or not. Until it actually clears, there is nothing to stop, nothing to refund and no action can be taken. It has to post, or be returned first. "

The following day-
Check card reversal 20.00 ( apparently I was over paid by yahoo for a fraud claim)

35.00 for being overdrawn

Now. I am at -316.00

I go BACK to the bank.. They tell me that yes, the check was honored ( meaning they paid the 450.00 check to the day care even though the money was not in my account... )
Well DUH. It was obviously paid, my account shows I owe it.. dumbasses.
That is what I have been saying all along.

Friday-
hurt my arm so bad I HAVE to see a doctor.
I cant lift it, I cant turn it, it is hot and swelled up so much you can see it through my shirt.

OUT COMES.. the secret Mrs wolf account to pay for it.
Secret Mrs wolf account has 68.00 ( we have been using it over the last few days to make small ends meet while our account has been spiraling out of control)

Mrs wolf's copay is 25.00, or 35.00 for small , unidentifiable clinic .. which I end up choosing on a late Saturday afternoon. The only one open close enough for me to be able to drive safely.

Get in clinic, get checked out, get 2 RX. One for swelling and a muscle relaxer.

Get to counter.. Hand over secret card to angry teller..

She swipes card

Returns card + receipt to me saying " Sign here. Your total today is 148.00. That is 70% of the visit. I can not verify your insurance at the moment, their system seems to be down online. WHen I can verify, you will receive a refund check. That takes about 5 days."

Thank god my arm hurt.

Thanks bitch, for not being polite enough to tell me this BEFORE I went in so that I could have gone somewhere else, or even went to the ER where I know they have my insurance information.
Thanks for causing my OTHER account to go in the hole.
Thanks for costing me another 35.00 in fees.
**** you.

As of right now.

I am tired...pissed off.. and scared of having my accounts so far in the negative.

I went to my bank yesterday almost in tears and talked to a manager there. I understand her reasonings for not helping more, but she was able to rid my account of one fee on the second 450.00 check, and two fees on my account that has the overdraft protection on it because she could tell the two were related. And those were the first 'bounces' I have ever had with the company. The other ones? Im shafted for
Confused

All thanks to someone who did not take a second to ask if two checks was correct for the same bill in one month..

well.. it truly is not his fault, I mean, I wrote the god damn check.. but..
COME ON man.. cant someone give me some ******* slack here..

(whew)
A lot of typing. A lot of steam.
I really just needed to vent that somewhere..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,849 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:03 am
Grim and depressing.

You'll survive, but bruises without triumph aren't ego-boosting.

The Coyote Women will be howling 2/3 in the Dark of the Moon. Can you join us?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:05 am
(((((((shewolfie)))))))

I'm so sorry!

How's your arm today?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:22 am
I'm sorry you're getting slammed SW. I suggest in the future when you do not want someone to cash a check until a certain date that you attach (staple) a post-it note on the check.
Write in big letters: DO NOT CASH UNTIL -DATE-.
I'm sometimes paid with a post dated check and I put my own post-it note on it so my husband doesn't accidently deposit it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:45 am
I had talked to the lady at the bank about people depositing post dated checks and she said that banks are not responsible for catching dates on a post dated check.

So long as it is written to the proper person, it can be cashed at any time. It is up to the person writing the check to not write it before it is due.

The only way a bank is able to stop someone ( and STILL, they are not responsible) is if someone, in person, walks up to a teller and tries to cash the check. Then the teller -should- but is still not required.. to say " No, this can not be cashed until such-and-such date.."
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:46 am
I have a 'pre-howl' going on now.

Several candles and a few other things working in my favor to help correct this.

So far I have a 175 dollar client Saturday, another next week, and I just got a college graduation session in 3 weeks.

It isn't immediate , but it is repair none the less..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:53 am
Im able to use my arm, but it is far from ok.
I dont have the option now though, to stay home and let it rest.

(sigh)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 03:42 pm
When you owe your soul to the company store, life is dreary.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 06:20 pm
Not sure if it is any different in the U.S., but it is not legal to write a post dated cheque in Canada. A cheque can be cashed as soon as it is received, regardless of the date.

From reading your posts, you have gone through more in the past year than many people experience in a lifetime. I hope that things improve for you real soon.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:03 pm
Shewolf, They are doing this to everybody because people pay it. They think they have to. I saw it on the news. It's a racket

They did it to me and I told them to get F#%KED and to come get my hard earned cash out of my hand if they want it or go get a job that doesn't involve ripping off families.

I didn't pay $hit I just opened up a new account with somebody else. They sent me a bunch of letters and I just trash them. pretty soon no more letters.

What bank was It? I would like to know so when I walk by I can tell them to F$#K off when ever I see them or they call me or so we can all together Bann them.

People have to fight back with what they got. If we all spread what bad $hit corperations did to us and stuck together as a consumer we could have some power.

Whats the use of having a bank account if it's just another bill? That is food for your kids. Now who gets the money?

I'm serious. It happened to me and I just went and got another account. The next bank will take you because they want your buisness and they know it's happening to people.

Imagine how it would fell to tell the f%#ken low life yuppie bitch to close the account that you got a new one. If I was your husband I would walk into that bank and show them whats up and what happens in my neiborhood when scum try to steal from working people because they are doing the same thing and kick some $hit over on the way out.

Call another bank. They will say come on over.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:11 pm
The banks will always deal with the largest checks first, so if that puts you over they will have multiple small checks to charge you with.

I believe there is legislation taking place to stop such actions.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:16 pm
Shewolf is not alone in her anger
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:18 pm
Here's some more crap
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:48 pm
Shewolf - So sorry this happened. I know it's crazy making.

I've told it here before, but back in like 2002 I went to Charlotte for my neices first communion. The hotel swiped my card for a $69 room. The following week I had 2 checks bounce (plus fee's etc) because the hotel put a "Hold" on $690 which I later found out is acceptable practice in case there is any damage to the room.

Shocked

I had NO idea!

Sending positive thoughts for quick clients that pay in cash.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 08:44 pm
Ach! Shewolf, this happened to me last winter. It took a month to recover (not my fees. Nope. Never recovered them. It happened again this fall when dingbat bounced his final check to me and I wasn't expecting that.

Keep breathing.......
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:02 pm
I had no idea they had lawsuits against them for doing JUST THIS to people?

If only I had known.

I have the misters check from work on direct deposit.
all of my major bills are on direct deposit

AND our tax return , when ever it hits, will hit that account.

If i woul dhave known, I would have asked for a paper check from the irs, cashed it somewhere else and then gave Bank of america only the money I owe for the checks I wrote and said screw you onthe bank fees.
Closed it and walked away.

this situation is not my fault. But I am being penalized over 200.00 in bank fees alone.
For fucks sake.. I make 200 in a span of two weeks.
We have no other income now BUT mine..

wtf are people supposed to do?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:06 pm
A woman once wrote our business a check for $16.00. It bounced and we got charged a $20 fee. We were never able to collect from her so we were out $36. If any one other than a bank behaved like this we would have to kiss their ring and address them as "Godfather".
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:07 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

wtf are people supposed to do?

Not write cheques they do not have the funds to cover.

I am not unsympathetic to your plight but you are tha one who wrote the extra child care cheque. Why?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:09 pm
Just by the way I suggest you call your bank and tell them if they dont reverse the dishonoured check fees you will take your business elsewhere.

All the direct deposit/direct credit systems can be redone easily at another bank.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:09 pm
Because we are not going to be around in Feb to make our payment then. ( 5 days from now)
I gave him that check to deposit for next month so that his records were straight and we would not owe him any late fees.

I have done this with him before. Never an issue.

This time, its an issue..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boing boing boing boing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:33:34