Greetings!

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:14 pm
I stumbled upon this forum with a google search for a Dali quote... might I inquire as to what this forum is all about? It doesn't seem to have a common theme as other forums do, at least from its initial appearance.

I read through some of the discussions here, and I must say I am quite impressed. The civility of this forum is something lacking from others on the internet. So, without further ado,

Greetings!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,740 • Replies: 76
No top replies

nimh

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:16 pm
Welcome, Sir.

A2K is a bit of and for everything and everyone. Just take your pick from the forums.

If you're in exile anyway, this is not the worst of refuges :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:16 pm
Greetings back! And welcome, kind Sir!

We don't have a single overriding theme beyond knowledge exchange and lively but civil discussion.

What Dali quote were you looking for?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:19 pm
It is a bit hard to catagorize, isn't it Sir? If it helps, go to "Forums" and discover the separate themes within the site. By the way, the search function on this site is a honey dripper.
0 Replies

Sir Motrax of Exile

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:20 pm
Oh, just any quote that would fit the English essay I've been working on. But I found another quote that suited me fine.

How many members are here? Seems somewhat overwhelming, all the different topics...

EDIT: Never mind, I answered my own question by poking around some more.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:27 pm
Yep, poking around is the way to go. Lots of stuff to see.

Good luck with your English essay!
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:32 pm
Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Sir Motrax of Exile

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:47 pm
After browsing about quite a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that there needs to be a mathematics forum (a biased opinion coming from one who studies mathematics out of interest and pleasure). Many subjects in mathematics can be very hard or easy to grasp depending on the approach one takes. In such a populated forum, there would be many ways to explain a subject to one in need of explanation, or one simply interested in a specific topic.

Perhaps it's a bit audacious for a newbie such as myself to suggest that an entire new forum be created, but that's simply one of my first impressions of this place.

A haven for knowlege cannot be complete without history, language, art, science, and politics. Nor can one be truly educated without mathematics.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:49 pm
I think that is a good suggestion, and welcome!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:50 pm
Science and mathematics will either share a forum of their own within a month or will have new forums.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 10:06 pm
Craven is the master mind of this board, btw, Sir Motrax, just in case you were wondering - he made it.
0 Replies

Sir Motrax of Exile

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 11:16 pm
Well then, I'm honored! Pleased t' meetcha!

And thanks for that little tidbit, nimh. Is there anything else I should know before I begin posting elsewhere? Any running jokes, unique abbreviations, people I should admire/avoid?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 11:19 pm
Be wary of bunnies! There be one in particular who may try an' charm ya but deep inside she's a visious wolf-eating killer who shouldn't be trusted.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 11:21 pm
No inside jokes or special abbreviations that I'm aware of, and I have been here awhile. You will decide for yourself who deserves your respect.

Oh, yeah. CDK and variations refer to Craven de Kere. Any references to rabbits or bunnies are likely to refer to Dlowan, a lady from Australia. Ah, you'll see. It's a good site. Don't hesitate to get involved.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 12:29 am
'groan' is pantented by Roger. Letty is still the resident witch/queen. jespah carries a big stick but is the type that rarely invokes the resentment that usually comes with the stick, fbaezer is the smartest guy around, bunnies are evil, monger and I are shape shifters and we also have the ability to control minds, this disturbed the other ladies who pciked wussy powers like teleporting ebcause we make them use their powers for our personal gain, if you find a hat it belongs to Buterflynet or ehBeth, canada is not a real country but we have lots of canadans, dan-E invented perpetual motion but ran out of cats and peanut butter, Lusatian is my brother and he is almost as crazy, sozobe has babies and matronizes me all the time, bandylu is missed, LW is LightWizard and he knows more about movies than you want to, fishin' doesn't (at least that I can recall) and he used to be a walrus, boomerang thinks I'm a knucklehead, littlek has moths in her pantry, Frank is the high preist of agnostics, ci is a travel nut he's been so many places that we think he really just forgot where he lives, Setanta is known for history (but not cause he's old or anything), Debacle is Mr. D and is the only thing keeping me from making all "Deb"s turn into "debbie", Sealpoet has a harbour seal, jjorge writes well and likes Emily, Lola is always flashing her legs, margo's cat hates me, blatham used to be the funniest guy on eath but then he got pissed at GWB, Algis is crazy but since he's an artist we cut him some slack, Merry andrew is.. (hey, has he been around recently?), eartmother is a wiccan I think, Tomkitten and his puter don't get along but I suppose that's true of us all, Mapleleaf keeps you guessing, Raggedyaggie reminds me of mac who confuses me with a namechange, Asherman paints and his house has a name (I got jealous and named my cardboard box cardy), Alexandra is frolicing in Europe, msolga is australian but I'm stopping there so she doant git a big head, hebba has wood and makes it do funny things, freemanBenson is a girl and is missed, Jesusgirl is one of the nicest Christians I know (not that there's anythign wrong with that), PAL is Peace and Love and she's a hippy though we call deb that, Jose Cuervo vanished, husker likes the Gators and is a die hard fan, Rae counts beans and is teacher her cats to smoke, JD is not around much but we all suspect her name is Joanne, edgarblythe is a die hard Republican and happens to write well, Lenny Bruce is too good for us, LarryBS is one of my favorites and is a no-show, bi-polar bear is and is also a musician, Piffka is a cherub or at least was, moodndoggy is surfing right now, timberlandko is a great guy if you can get past the left wing propaganda he spouts, 'Boita teaches us English but I suspect she just wants me for my body, patiodog rocks but his galpal will go unnamed because I just can't.., thorman is a poopyhead and won't play or bting Jubei along, Sugar makes me count my blessings under threat of her renowned wrath, shepaints, perception is trying to get elected as a Democrat because he hates what Bush has done with the place, Gautam is a prince and likes to rub it in when he gets more than the rest of us, babs is text aligned left and justified to some degree, Jules won;t post I once saw her come close but she was prolly just testing out the bells and whistles, fresco is part of the philosophy gang that uses arty avatars, pueo is my partner in crime when wimmin need to be teased, Equus is a monster, mikey owns a pub but won't share, I wanna read more countZero, Maxadadeo bites so keep your fingers in teh car, everyone thinks steissd should marry alice, cjhsa is a conservative but wears it well, PDiddie is a very big black guy who can slam dunk but talks like whitey, hiama has all the ladies in a snit, Bill W is a wolf, Tartarin is pleasant when she isn't trying to get you to vote Republican and telling us how liberals are traitors, BoGoWo cracks jokes that not enough people get, mysteryman is, bigdice won't share his girlfriend even though we all think she's up to it, thinkzinc does, realjohnboy's name is Fred, Eve's a kiwi, Mr Stillwater is placidpond, Slappy Doo hoo is a virgin but hides it well, Bibs doing a jig, oristarA asks English questions that keep us on our toes, au is a swicth hitter and manages to piss off libs and conservatives, grorge says I have logorrea, tantor has spoken, BBB is diverse and is content queen, Joe Nation is your average Joe I think he's a writer, Ibredd didn't at least we hope not, Lidia is dan-E's girlfriend, my dad's here but I forget his name, farmerman is funny but he and his keyboard aren't talking, mamajuana campaigns for the Republicans, Lash Goth got sexy and had a boob job, Gel writes but won't share, oldandknew is a Brit but we forgive him, dov asks questions, Artunbound only lurks, nimh is a diplomat, hamburger keeps ehbeth in line, anastasia gestures like nimh I think they ahve something going on but haven't caught them yet, I like James Morrison a lot but have no idea why it's probably his butt, Beeflesquoink is one of the most talented people alive, satts can count, angel is my sister, thunder butt is shameless, stoat is a genius, caramel breaks bad news about people dying, IronLionZion just up and disappeared, Buterflynet won't sleep with me even if I offer nachos, handsome isn't, muerte is, CodeBorg rocks but he's all mysterious like, wy won't let me near her daughter because she's an excellent judge of character, Acquiunk is smart, Jim is all about oil, we aren't sure but we think Marshall Mathers likes eminem, Blaine likes king and riddles, Anon wants Bush to be able to get a second term no matter what the cost, I've already mentioned Sofia but she still won't sleep with me, TGR wants a math forum too, dafdaf was interesting but is now more of a window than a door, Dek is another one that needs to show up, Violet Lake made me a piano but I wanted to be human again, Montana is in canadan land but she's nice so she gets away with it, vivien is an artist but wants me to pose nude so I'm scared of her, terry is always worth reading smart lady, acepoly wanted to be deb but deb bit, LibertyD was a fairy, Murray S is a nerd, Thomas is pensive, Scrat likes nuts, just a brat hits me, mechsmith is a philosophy gang guy, gus is funny and has holes in his pants, GoAway better not, McGentrix wants to spread liberal cheer, fealola plays games, heliotrope is a drummer, gadgetaddict tells bad jokes, Celi totally has the hots for me but just doesn;t know ir yet, portalstar asks philosophical questions, AlexH is another puter guy, RedHorn wants to have Cav's babies, Jerry R and Cav are in the iron cook competition right now, zenraven is evil and I got lost on my way to meet her last night so I can't be mean to her, maliagar is catholic but we forgive him if he does his hail marys, hobitbob bears a striking resemblance to Mr bean, ican is another philosophy type, misti made Rae so we all like her, phoenix is a total flirt, joe's from chi town, safecracker cooks computers, and I am the most humble person on earth.

DLOWAN IS A HIPPY!

sorry if I missed anyone, once I started I realized what I got myself into and started going as fast as I could.

Ima goan move this to general, the pretext is that I don't want your first post to be pruned but I really just want to justify typing that much.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:07 am
Welcome - it is all lies - what craven wrote - all lies...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:12 am
Well I threw a little truth in every now and then. Like the part about me being the most humble person on earth...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:16 am
Oh lord it's so hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way...
I can't stand to look in the mirror -
Cos, I get better looking each day!
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man!
Oh lord, it's so hard to be humble,
BUT - I'm doing the best that I can!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:29 am
That's one of the funniest things I've read.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:35 am
Well, 'tis about you! heehee
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Greetings!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:03:17