"In Memory of Sally Baron"

jjorge

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:29 pm
She'd always watch CNN, C-SPAN, and you know, she'd just swear at the TV and say, 'Oh, Bush, he's such a whistle ass!'
She'd just get so mad," Bettilyon said."

These are the words of Maureen Bettilyon, whose mother, Sally Baron, died on August 18 at the age of 71. When asked if there was a cause to which people could contribute in Sally's honor, her children decided to include these words in her obituary:

"Memorials in her honor can be made to any organization working for the removal of President Bush."

"She thought he was a liar," Baron's daughter, Maureen Bettilyon, said. "I think his personality, just standing there with that smirk on his face, and acting like he's this holy Christian, that's what really got her."

For the whole story go to:
http://dean2004.bmgbiz.net/defeatbush.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,157 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 02:37 pm
Wow! jjorge. What a marvelous way to bon voyage someone. The entire story brings to mind the "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard" by Thomas Gray.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 08:56 pm
Letty,

Yes, she sounds like a great feisty lady.

Somebody told her story on the Howard Dean web log ( 'blog' ) where I have been hanging out too much lately. Her daughter apparently decided that a donation to the Dean campaign was the best way to fulfill her mother's wishes.

The enthusiam of the bloggers is contagious. Everyone is so-o-o-o excited about how Dean's prospects are soaring! He's drawing unusually large crowds for this stage of the campaign and he reportedly has 15,000 people at a rally in Seattle right now!!

http://www.blogforamerica.com/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 09:13 pm
Whistle ass. I'm gonna remember Sally for that.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:50 am
ehBeth,

Me too.
I've just GOT to say it again ....whistle ass! Very Happy
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 12:21 pm
Quote:
"I did not know Sally at all, but I wish I had had the opportunity," wrote Linda Brown, a retired teacher in Thousand Oaks, Calif. "We would have had fun shouting back at the TV together. I suspect my language would have been worse than hers."

Online comment on the politically left Web site democraticunderground.com embraced Baron as a hero.

"We can't lose now. We have a very special angel on our side," a person posting under the name "shirlden" wrote.

But there was one area of consensus between the conservative and liberal commentary: Many people were taken with the nickname, and wondered where Baron had come up with it.

"Whatever else this article says pales in importance next to this useful insult. I really do like it," a freerepublic.com poster wrote.

"Has this insult been around long? If so, I'm sorry I missed it. I'm going to try to slip it into every conversation I have today," someone called "LanPB01" wrote on the same site.

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, who hosts "Countdown," repeated Baron's request and her nickname for Bush on his Thursday night broadcast.

Obit request spurs national outpouring
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 01:57 pm
PDiddie,

Fourteen months from now, at the moment I cast my vote in the presidential election, I'm going to pause, smile, and say...

...... "Good bye whistle ass!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:49 pm
Great story, great lady, great concept. Thanks for pointing me in this direction, Jjorge.

Whistle Ass? Whistle Ass! Whistle Ass!! Love it.
0 Replies