Going slowly nuts trying to remember the title of a book

Fedral

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:37 am
Hey all, been a while since I posted, hope this finds everyone well.

I was talking with someone at a recent sci-fi convention and someone was talking about a new book that was coming out/was already out and I cant remember the title they told me. I remember the premise and I'm hoping someone out there can help me recall the title.

It takes place in the near future when the United States has recalled all its troops from overseas and is stockpiling massive amounts of every resource it can get its hands on.

In the book, the United States govenment has discovered that the North American continet is going to be transported/teleported to some other world and they are readying themselves for whatever is going to happen on wherever they are going.

America isn't telling the rest of the world what is going to happen, and the other countries are very pissed because it just appears that America is just grabbing everything on the market for no good reason.

It sounded like a very interesting book, but I didn't have a pen to write down the title and I'm looking to those of you out there to help me figure out this mystery.

Thanks for your time and attention.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 970 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:06 pm
It's been awhile since I was current in the genre, but welcome back.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:01 pm
Happy to be back...

Now, if I can only get caught up in reading some of the million or so threads that appeared since I last posted, I can get down to some serious postings.
0 Replies

mab3803

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:42 am
It sounds a bit like World War Z, by Max Brooks. Haven't read it yet, but there is a zombie theme that you do not describe, so this may not be what you heard about. Good luck.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:35 am
Fedral--

Welcome back.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:59 am
Fedral
Fedral, have you tried looking through Amazon's science fiction books?

BBB
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:22 am
When you find out, would you post it here? Sounds good.
0 Replies