Unidentified Telephone

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 07:32 pm
I have just acquired a telephone whose keys are on the phone base, not on the handset. This frees both hands, because I can tuck the handset under my chin while talking, without the risk of accidentally cutting off the conversation.

Unfortunately, there was no manual or other instruction information, and I don't know how to set up the memory. The only identification is on the bottom of the base which provides the model number HT-916, and the logo "ETL" surrounded by a circle. The handset is slim. The instrument was made in China.

There are 6 functions: Store, Auto, Hold, Flash, Redial, and SP-phone. There are also 3 speed dial (?) keys, M1, M2, & M3. There is a small window above the M1, etc keys; I don't know whether this relates to the Flash function, or perhaps Caller ID. The keys are oversized, for users with low vision.

Can anyone give me a clue as to the manufacturer or distributor, and/or information about storing numbers, and using the other functions? Redial is obvious, and SP-phone works properly. I have no idea what "Auto" is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,323 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 04:56 am
Do you have the box it came in? That would have model number and other information and then you can Google for the model number plus the words user manual.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:59 am
Unidentified Telephone
No, I don't have the box. How I got the thing is by chance - I was bringing some ornaments (taking advantage of having the apartment completely repainted to clear out odds and ends) down to our Activities Dept and noticed the phone. The Activities Director said she wasn't going to put in our annual sale, and I could have it. The only thing it came with was a short length of USB cable; apparently it could be used for hitching up a computer.

The information on the bottom of the base is, as you have seen, sketchy to the max.

I'm hoping at least 6o find out what the various function keys do, even if I can't figure out how to make them do it.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:33 pm
Unidentified Telephone
I've decided that I'll keep the old phone. It hasn't a memory, but since I can't figure out the memory on this one, that's a wash. Ditto for Caller ID and/or Flash.

The main reason I'm going back to the old one is that the keys are extremely stiff which isn't good for my fingers - or my fingers aren't good for it, whichever - and also very noisy, with a hollow echoing reverberation.

So this particular change, on balance, isn't for the better.

Back to Square One.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 06:12 am
TomKitten--

The Electronic Frontier can be an unfriendly place.
0 Replies