Montana

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 11:45 pm
I think my cat would outlive me Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 11:48 pm
dant wrote:
Quote:
I agree, Intrepid. I could never kill my nonhuman 'kids' anymore than I could kill my children to keep myself alive. If things got that bad it wouldn't be long before I would die, anyway. I think most people could live off of their own body fat for quite awhile given the obesity problems.

>LOL< Laughing

I gotta enuff reserves......."I could live fo' ev er'.......
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 05:05 pm
maporsche wrote:
cyphercat wrote:
you're talking about eating your pets/wife/kids if they were already dead, right?

Of course...I'm not a monster. I thought I said that in my first post...but maybe not.

No, no, you did say that & I didn't mean to imply that you'd not been clear about that -- putting "right?" in there was unnecessary, but meant to let you know I wasn't trying at all to misinterpret what you were saying... Anyway, Chumly was talking about actually *killing* the pets in his first post; otherwise, why specify the order you'd eat them in? Your hypothetical, "If they were lying there dead and I was desperate I couldn't help myself" is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, IMO.

Really, my thoughts about this keep coming back to: What a bizarre thing Chumly felt like bringing up. Shall we also ponder what body parts of our own we could bear to chop off and cook up if we were desperate enough? No? ... I feel like people who feel a need to mention that they'd be okay with killing their pets if it came down to it have some strange thing to prove, like, "I might like my pets, but I'm not one of these crazy animal lovers, all out of touch with the tough realities of nature." Confused
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:20 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Really, my thoughts about this keep coming back to: What a bizarre thing Chumly felt like bringing up.
It counterpoints the arbitrariness of certain cultural norms, allows a drizzle of quirky humor, and there was nothing worth watching on the tube!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:31 pm
Shocking....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 01:07:53