Any Oreck Owners?

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 04:38 pm
Anyone out there own an Oreck? A good vacuum cleaner would be helpful right now as my apartment is a disaster. The Oreck XL has a lot of cool features. It only weighs 9 Ibs, so I wouldn't have to break a sweat trying to move it around. Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 11:08 am
When I bought an Oreck air purifier several years ago I received as a present (!) a little hand-held Oreck vacuum cleaner. I't a good little cleaner but I don't know how it works with big jobs.

As far as the air purifier is concerned, I wouldn't buy another Oreck and instead switched over to a Kenmore.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:30 pm
Hi Miller--thanks for the help:) Yeah, those handheld vacuums are great for small jobs when you dont want to get out your bigger one. I read that the XL upright also has intellashield technology that kills bacteria and mildew, which would make me feel better. Anyone else out there own an Oreck vacuum?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 05:09 pm
many, many years ago i purchased an original oreck at an auction

http://www.harrisoncountyky.us/marriages/images/image-of-old-broom.jpg
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:20 am
Region Philbis wrote:
many, many years ago i purchased an original oreck at an auction

http://www.harrisoncountyky.us
/marriages/images/image-of-old-broom.
jpg

Hey there...I got mine free! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:33 am
I heard that if you go to an Oreck store and bring in your car floor mats that they will clean them for you to demonstrate how well the vacuum works. Perhaps doing that would be a good idea since there isn't a strong consensus on here....either way I get clean floor mats, and mine could definitely use a cleaning!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:05 pm
Gosh, you know a lot about Oreck. It's as if you were hangin' around the store. Uh, you do have a life outside of Oreck, yes? Razz
0 Replies

MikeyB

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 12:44 pm
I have an Oreck XL and absolutely love it. I have 3 cats and a dog and it works like no other vacuum I have tried before. They are def. a bit pricey, ours was almost $600, but, I think it is worth every penny. They also come with a 10 year warranty and 10 tuneups. It is very lite and portable, the cord is a decent length, it has a light on the front of it, two brushes that stick out from the sides for corners, variable speeds for carpet or hardwood floors ( I have both, it works great on both). It is bagged, which I like, and inside the pouch that holds the bag, you have the option of purchasing deodorizing tabs that fit right into a pocket--I have found these helpful only bc animal hair can sometimes carry an odor and it just has a clean smell, nothing overwhelming. I would absolutely recommend this wholeheartedly.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:45 pm
My little Oreck is a pain when it comes time to empty it. Laughing
0 Replies